Part 31

Some time later, she didn't know how long, but some timer later she woke up in the medical room. She looked outside and saw that it was dark. She sighed and pulled herself up, so she was sitting up instead of laying down. She still felt sick, but it was a little better now, and she did have a good sleep. Her phone was laying next to her, and she noticed a bunch of notifications. 

Charles
You're probably sleeping now, but I just want to know if you're okay?
It sucks that you can't race today, but you need to get better. Why didn't you tell me, you felt sick? Can I come visit you? I miss you <3 Please be safe, love <3

Lewis
I hope you're feeling better, it was sad not to have you out on the track today

Alex
Every reporter kept asking about you, what happened today? How are you? 

Lando
I heard something about you being sick, are you okay? Should the guys and I bring you something? Please text me back 

She was a bit overwhelmed by all the texts. It wasn't even that serious. She just had a regular round of sickness, it's not like she was dying or something. But never the less she felt happy that her friends and boyfriend were so caring. She texted them back telling them that she was okay, but had to get some more sleep, and that she would probably see them all tomorrow. 

After texting a few people back she laid back down on the bed. Her head felt so heavy, and she craved some food. After a doctor came in with some food, she quickly ate it all and felt herself becoming tired again. Maybe she could get some more rest, so she would feel better in the morning. Her her (and mind) probably needed the rest. Like big time. 

_______________________

"Y/n can you tell us what happened yesterday?"

"How are you feeling today?"

"Are you able to race today?" 

"How does your team feel about it all?"

A bunch of stupid news reporters had gathered around the medical building, as Y/n the next day was about to leave. Her team and herself had made the decision that she probably shouldn't race today, and so a reserve driver would take over giving her some rest to prepare for the next race. Peter was walking in front of her protecting her from the reporters. "I don't really have any comments" Y/n said with a cold tone before rushing of to the Ferrari garage. 

She felt a lot better already. But her head was still hurting, and her body needed some more recovering, but luckily she had two weeks until the German Grand Prix. And today, all she could do was watch the race from the garage, and pray that Charles and the reserve driver would do great. 

When she reached the Ferrari garage, she was greeted by her team. They had all been worried about her, but she looked much better now. She couldn't find Charles anywhere, but he was probably in his driving room, so she went there to find him. When she knocked on the door it only took a few seconds before it was opened, and it revealed Charles who firstly looked a bit shocked before a wide smile spread on his face. He pulled her into his arms and wrapped her into a tight hug. 

She chuckled before she also wrapped her arms around him, feeling the comfort of his familiar sent. He stroke her hair gently, and they just stood there for a few seconds. "I was so worried about you, but they wouldn't let me see you because I had so many meetings and stupid stuff to do" he was rambling on and on, and Y/n just smiled before looking at him. "Hey" she softly said brushing his cheek, "It's okay. I basically just slept for many hours. It's just some regular sickness, but already better" that calmed him down a bit, but he still had a bit concerned look on his face. 

"Why didn't you tell me or the team that you felt sick?" she knew that question would come, and she hated it. "I know, I'm sorry. I just thought it would go away I guess" she looked to the ground. "I had to catch you because you passed out. It could have been a lot more serious." he noticed that she got quiet, so he gently lifted up her chin so their eyes met. "I'm not mad, love. But please, next time tell me. I was really worried, and I care about you. Can you promise me that?" she nodded and smiled. "I promise" the door to the drivers room was closed, but they still looked around making sure no one was around, before he pressed his lips against hers. 

It was just a brief kiss as Charles had to go racing in a few minutes, but it was more than enough to send shivers down Y/n's spine and fireworks in her stomach. And she couldn't stop smiling before she went down to the garage again. 

She took a seat by the TV screen besides some mechanics and other people in the garage to watch the race. She was nervous and sad that she couldn't drive, so she honestly just wanted the race to be over with. 

"And it's lights out and away we go here at the Russian Grand Prix, we see Sergio Perez and Max Verstappen already of to a great start leading into turn one very closely followed by the two Mercedes and Charles Leclerc in his Ferrari. Now it's very interesting because that is not actually Y/n Y/l/n who is driving the second Ferrari. She is apparently sick at the moment, and no one really knows how serious it is. And that means a reserve driver is currently driving her car. Sadly he could only qualify P12, so he will have to fight, if Y/n will even get points today." 

Y/n felt even more sick listening to those stupid commentators, and she felt her jaw clench and her knuckles turning white because she was clenching her fists as well. But instead of lashing out and saying something stupid, she just followed the red car with the number 16 on it, and pictured how they would probably spend their night together before leaving to go back home tomorrow. That surely made her calm down and even blush a little, and she snapped back into reality following the race.