Part 14

Remember last week at the Austrian Grand Prix where Y/n's farther came and surprised her, and she was so happy? Yeah she's back to being sad again. Or maybe not sad. That does seem a bit dramatic, but she was definitely back in her war with her mind and thoughts. First of all she was still being pushed like crazy in the gym and by her team, but she loved those things by now.

The thing she didn't love though, was being pushed by her fans and just F1 fans in general. People kept commenting things like 'ship' or 'their chemistry doesn't seem like rivals anymore' or 'am I the only one sensing the sexual tension between them'. And of course they hadn't done anything, except that one night almost two weeks ago, no but the bad thing was... she was slowly realizing that maybe her feeling had changed. 

Even George, Alex and Lando shipped them. And though that may be as a joke, it wasn't a joke to her anymore. But what the hell was she supposed to do about it? Every time she saw Charles they spoke like literally nothing had happened between them, but it was driving her insane on the inside. Not to mention the fact that they would probably both get fired if anything happened between them, also in order for anything to happen between them, Charles would also have to like her and she wasn't really sure about that one. 

But she didn't get anymore time to think about that as she had arrived at the circuit and was about to get ready for the first Free Practice. "Hey stranger, you ready for today?" she almost had a heart attack when Charles snuck up behind her and was suddenly walking besides her like they were best buddies. "Jesus Christ you scared me" she said putting a hand on her chest to calm herself down. 

That of course made Charles laugh. "Wow I didn't know you were that intimidated by me" he said continuing to laugh. "Yeah as if. You would have to be an actual threat in order for me to be scared of you" she said pushing him like old times. Though they were walking side by side he moved even closer making her heart skip a beat. "Or I would have to be incredible good looking, so I'm still pretty sure that you're intimidated by me"

His famous smirk made her laugh. "I would like to see the day, where I find you attractive" luckily they had been rivals for so long that it wasn't that hard to joke around and still be around him. "Really? So that one night doesn't count or?" her eyes widened and she quickly looked around to see if anyone heard. Luckily it didn't look like that. She looked back at Charles who were fighting not to laugh. She rolled her eyes and punched his arm. "Oh shut up" but Charles was laughing, and it somehow caused her to laugh too. 

"You know that was a one time thing, and it doesn't mean I find you attractive, it was just a weak moment" she said trying to explain herself through hers and Charles' laughter. Finally they had reached the pitlane. "Whatever you say, love" Charles said causing her eyes to widened again as she speechless watched him walk away. Was he trying to kill her? Love? He had literally never said that word to her before, and now it was driving her even more crazy. Oh fuck. 

Somehow she managed to pull through Free Practice and got P8 and P9, but then Tabatha came over and told her she had to go to a press conference with Max and Lewis. That was definitely killing her mood. "This is a question for Y/n, uh how do you feel about being the only woman amongst 19 male drivers? Do you feel intimidated or scared or maybe something else?" it was like the universe was against her. She was sitting on a chair between Max and Lewis answering questions, and of course the last question, she got, was literally giving her flashbacks to her conversation with Charles this morning. 

"Uh" as she was thinking about an answer her eyes travelled through the crowd, where she suddenly noticed Charles, Pierre and this woman she had never seen before talking together. Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck, everyone was starring at her as she just sat there in silence. Until she finally snapped out of it. "Uh no. I don't feel scared or intimidated by it. Of course it's hard to be the only woman out of the 20 drivers here, but you know I've become friends with many of them, and I would say it's more fun because I get to push myself even harder. It's like err... good motivation" thank God she finally came up with an answer or that would have been the most awkward thing ever. 

The conference was over and Y/n was about to walk out when her eyes fell on Charles, Pierre and that other girl as well. Her breathing became unsteady when she saw how the girl kept touching Charles and laughing like he was the funniest person on Earth. Ugh why would she even care? "Earth to Y/n" she snapped around starred right at those three immature boys she cared so much about. "Oh hey guys what's up?" they all gave each other confused looks before looking back at her. 

"No, what's up with you? You've been acting a bit strange lately" George said the other two nodding. "What? No I haven't" maybe she managed to keep it cool around Charles, but she really couldn't lie to her best friends. "Alright, follow us" she hesitated but followed them into an empty room at the McLaren motorhome. Her heart was beating so fast. She was nervous. 

"Y/n you are our best friend which means we care about you, and we would do anything for you" Alex began. "But it also means that we can see when something's wrong. So please tell us, what's wrong?" Lando said taking over what Alex said. Shit, had they practiced this or what? "I... don't know what you're talking about" she said trying to avoid eye contact but of course failed. "Y/n please" George said softly. She sighed in defeat. 

"Alright fine... but you all have to promise me that you wont get mad" they all nodded with concerned looks on their faces. "So uh... after that one party two weeks ago, uh I got really drunk and uh..." this was really hard. "And then what?" Lando asked. There was no delaying it now. "I kinda maybe uhh... sleptwithcharles" she mumbled the last part so none of them understood. "What was that last part?" she sighed again and took a deep breath. "I slept with Charles"

A/N tihi. Let's spice things up <3