Part 46

Y/n took a flight back home to Monaco that same day. Charles decided to stay at Hawaii for the last two days, but Y/n had to get away from there. She knew that if she stayed, she probably would throw everything away to be with Charles. It was hard to be back at her house in Monaco many hours later, and when she opened the door to her house and saw all the stuff that belonged to Charles, she felt the tears coming. 

But given the fact that she was really fucking tired at the moment, she didn't have enough energy to cry. Instead she went upstairs and just fell asleep in her outfit that luckily just consisted of a sweater and some bike shorts. 

________________

The next day Y/n woke up in a strange mood. She turned around and her heart instantly dropped as she realized that she was alone in bed. She remembered everything and deeply sighed. Her life had turned into a big mess, and it was time to clean some shit out. And just like that, she got a random boost of energy that she didn't think was possible. She went downstairs and made herself some breakfast. Then she did her workout that was very important as they had only 10 days before going back to Italy to prepare for the next race.

After her workout, where she pushed herself almost too hard, she took a long shower and changed into some black sweats and a crop top. After that she began cleaning her house a little bit. She gathered all of Charles' things and packed them together, so he could pick them up at some point. And after cleaning a bit, she decided to go out for a walk through the streets of Monaco. So she changed into a pair of brown wide jeans with a white crop top and a black blazer on top along with a pair of black boots and her jewelry of course. It may have seemed like a lot, but she needed to freshen up. 

She knew that moving on would be so hard if not impossible, but she also knew that no matter how heart broken she was at the moment, it probably was the only choice they really had. But she did tell herself that maybe she wanted to talk to him, when they got back to racing, because one: he was after all her teammate and they needed to get along just a little bit, and two: she didn't wanna throw away their friendship as well. 

When she walked through the city, she suddenly found herself standing in front of Charles' house. It was pure reflex, and she stopped and stared at the building for a few seconds. She felt her heart shatter all over again, and quickly left. When she finally got home, she dressed herself into something more comfy and plopped down on the bed. She grabbed her phone and scrolled through Instagram. By the looks of it, everything seemed calm and normal, and nothing about her or Charles. Then she opened her messages. She had a message from Lando asking her, how her vacation was going. 

She felt it sting, but answered anyway. Her finger slided across the screen and landed on Charles' name. She pressed it and read some of their recent messages. Suddenly she felt herself silently crying, and quickly wiped her eyes. She starred at the keyboard on her phone for like a minute until she started typing. But after typing a long ass paragraph, she deleted it again. She frowned and closed her phone, and instead she put on some Netflix. 

___________________

When Y/n left the beach house, Charles stayed back, and he felt more alone than ever. He didn't wanna admit it to himself that he had spend the entire first night just crying. And to make things worse, he read some of their old messages, and was very close to call her before he cried again. Loosing his father and Jules, and Anthoine was the most heartbreaking events in his life and he never stopped thinking about them, but loosing Y/n like this was heartbreaking as well. 

Maybe just as heartbreaking because he knew that he would have to go back to work in 10 days and face her. Only this time they were back to being strangers, just teammates and nothing else. And right now all he wanted was to hold her in his arms and tell her how much he loved her. But instead he was all alone on fucking Hawaii booking a flight back home as soon as possible. 

He slightly jumped when his phone was ringing. He picked it up and slightly smiled at the sound of Pierre's voice. "Hey mate, how are you?" he asked and Charles answered. "Uh yeah I'm good, how about you?" he wasn't really good, but since Pierre didn't know about Y/n and him, he couldn't really talk to Pierre about it. "Just wanted to check if you wanted to hang out with me and some of my friends in a couple of days" that caused Charles to smile a little more. 

He could really use a break from all that went down within the last 24 hours. "Yeah I'd love to, mate. Just text me the details and I'll be there" he answered. "Awesome dude. Can't wait" they continued to chat for a bit, and it made Charles feel a whole lot better. Though he was back to feeling sad the moment Pierre hung up. God, where would he even go from this?