Part 24

Life had been going pretty smooth for Y/n over the next month. They had been to three Grand Prix's held in Spain, Belgium and Italy, and the next one was in Italy as well in a few days. Y/n hadn't been on the podium since UK, but she did finish P4 in Belgium, P9 in Spain and P5 in Italy. Overall pretty good. The team was happy, and she was working hard everyday. 

She was also working hard mentally, as she was trying to control her jealousy. Charles was still dating Charlotte, and it was hard to watch. Very hard. It was already race weekend tomorrow, and of course Charlotte had to be there. Luckily she found some peace in her mind, when she hung out with Lando, Alex and George. They had thankfully stopped talking about Charles, and instead they just hung out as the four best friends, they'd been for a long time. 

But with the upcoming weekend she really wanted to chase that podium, and therefore decided to not go anywhere near Charles or Charlotte at all. Cause though she was working on her jealousy control, it was very hard. And a part of her felt like she could explode if she saw them make out in front of her one more time. 

So as soon as she was done with the track walk on Thursday, she hurried over to the gym with Peter to get her mind off of things. He was pushing her hard, but she was pushing herself even harder. "Alright we're done for today, good work" Peter said, but as Y/N noticed Charles outside the gym, she refused to leave. "I'm gonna stay in here a little longer, just to stretch out and stuff" Peter seemed to buy her excuse and left her. And she kept working out. 

The next morning, Y/n made sure to sit at a full table, so Charles wouldn't be able to talk to her. She ate her breakfast as fast as she could, and almost the moment Charles entered the cafeteria, she left to get to the pitlane early. She noticed Charles looking at her as if he was about to talk to her, but she quickly turned the other way and left. 

Now she was in her driver room putting her racing suit on. She still had time before warm up, so she closed her door and sat down on her phone reading some comments etc. Suddenly she heard a knock on her door, and in panic she pretended to be on a phone call with her dad. "Yes dad, I know. Don't worry I got it under control.." she wasn't even talking to anyone, but when Charles entered her room, he didn't interrupt her. Instead he was standing by the door waiting for her to finish her conversation. 

Shit. What now? She continued her imaginary conversation with her dad, until she ran out of things to say and 'hung up'. "Hey stranger, just wanted to know if you're ready for the weekend? I feel like I have barely talked to you these past few days" He wasn't wrong there. She really did the best she could in avoiding him. Mostly when he was with Charlotte. "Yeah I guess it's been a really busy couple of days for me, but yeah I'm ready. I should probably go warm up now" she said ending the conversation. 

 After getting P5 and P11 in her Free Practice, she was overall happy. It was decent, and she was ready for qualifying tomorrow. She spotted Charlotte in the garage waiting for Charles, so she did the only reasonable thing, and got the hell out of there in a hurry. She just went back to the hotel and changed into some sweats and a hoodie and laid on the bed scrolling through Instagram. 

She really hated feeling like this. She should be out here enjoying her life. She was a fucking F1 driver for Ferrari. It was her dream, but it didn't feel like that right now, and it was killing her. 

______________________

"Alright Y/N, we have a chance to get the podium today. Focus on overtaking Bottas, and after that just keep your position for a while, save the energy. And within the last 10 laps, increase the speed and try and catch Perez with DRS" she listened carefully to Riccardo's words standing next to him watching the screen with the strategy. She had somehow managed to qualify P4 yesterday, and now she was ready to chase that podium. 

But of course it wouldn't be all rainbows and sunshine. Oh no. She had to watch Charlotte happily embrace Charles before kissing him for what felt like forever to Y/n. She felt the jealousy inside of her boil up again as she clenched her jaw. She turned away from the sight and put on her balaclava and helmet instead before getting into her car. 

"Okay, remember the strategy and keep pushing" Riccardo said just before lights went out. 

"And it's lights out and away we go for the second time here in Italy. We see the two Red Bulls coming of the a great start followed by Bottas and Y/l/n. And round turn 1 they go and- Oh no! That was Bottas unable to break as he drives straight into the female Ferrari driver sending them both out in the gravel and out of the race."

"NOOO FUCK!!! NO NO! What was that fucking idiot doing?! WHAT THE HELL. FUUUUUUCK" just as she thought her life couldn't get any worse, Bottas send them both out in the first fucking turn of the race. All that rage she had had inside of her was coming out now. "I'm sorry Y/n" she turned of the radio and Riccardo's voice, so no one could hear her yell out in frustration. 

When she finally got out of the car, she was sitting on it with her helmet still on her head that was buried in her hands. She sat there shaking her head. Suddenly she felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked up and saw Bottas, who also still had his helmet on. "I'm so sorry, Y/n. My breaks locked themselves, and I couldn't do anything. I really am sorry, it was my fault" for a moment she wanted to yell at him, until she realized he was right. He couldn't do anything about it, and maybe a part of her was just angry because of Charles and Charlotte. "It's alright. It happens" she simply said and accepted his hand he had put out for her to take. He pulled her on her feet, and they walked back to the garage. 

She got a few claps on her shoulder out of pity from her team before she went straight to her driver room. She took off her helmet and balaclava and threw it on the ground. She sat on her chair and closed her eyes to try and control her anger.

A/N Oop some drama. And don't worry. Shit's about to go down tihi