Part 37

"How about Charles? Are you holding out with his as your teammate?" Y/n's dad suddenly asked while they were eating their food. Obviously they knew about their, well past rivalry, and apparently they were very interested in that. "Oh uh, yeah no it's alright actually. It was a bit weird in the beginning, but we agreed to be professionals" she kinda felt bad for lying to her parents and not tell them about Charles and her, but the fewer people who knew about them, the better. 

"Well that's good to hear, sweetie.  We've been a bit worried about you two actually" Y/n gave her mother a confused look. "Why?" she asked. "Well of course we know about your past, but we've also been a bit worried that he would try and sabotage your career or something. Not because we think he's evil, but back in the days you two really did crazy things to stop the other person." Y/n felt kinda mad at her mothers response. By now, Y/n knew that Charles would never do that, neither would she. And it was kinda hurting to think that apparently other people thought he would do that. 

"He's not like that!" she said with a tad more anger than she wanted to. "Sorry, but no, he's not like that. If anything, I actually think he makes me a better driver because he's motivating me. And we're not kids anymore. If he or I ever did anything to sabotage the other person, we'd get fired instantly" her parents thought it was a bit weird for their daughter to defend her rival, as they had never heard her say that before, but they just smiled at changed subject to a nicer conversation. 

After a great night together, Y/n had to go home to pack her stuff for Germany. So she said goodbye to her parents and drove off. As she was driving through the night, her thoughts wandered off to what her parents had said to her. 'Charles could try and sabotage your career'. Y/n refused to believe that simply. There was no way at all, not after everything they'd been through, and after their great date, and just everything that had happened since they became teammates. But a part of her. A very small part of her began overthinking. What if Charles actually was trying to sabotage her? No. No that's not true... but what if?

When she finally arrived back home and had packed her stuff, she decided to text Charles to get her mind off of things. 

Hey babe <3 Are you awake?

Yep, just finished streaming a bit <3

Oh, was it fun?

Yeah it was fun, but I'd rather be with you right now <3

I'd rather be with you too. It's hard to pretend when we're at work

I know. I feel the same way, but there's not really much else to do. But as long as we can be together, I don't care how. 

You're amazing <3

No you are. But hey, we have summer break soon. I'd say we should go on a vacation together, just the two of us 😏💖

Wait really? Just the two of us?

Yeah. We'll just go somewhere, where people hopefully wont recognize us, and then we can enjoy our summer break together. And if anyone of our team of friends ask us, why we're on a vacation together, we'll just say we have some common friends, and we're just having fun as teammates. 

If this will work, it could be so much fun <3

Trust me, it'll work okay? Now we should both go to bed, but think about it. 

Yeah I will definitely. Love you <3

Love you too, babe <3 

She really couldn't stop smiling, as she went to bed that night thinking about summer break. All her negative thoughts and overthinking from before magically disappeared, and she felt asleep with a good feeling. 

________________________

Even the flight from Italy to Germany couldn't bring down her good mood and excitement for the summer break. Her and Charles had been talking a bit more about their plans, and they had decided to go to Hawaii. It felt like a perfect destination, and she couldn't wait. Soon they arrived in Germany and the whole team settled in at their hotels. 

Before the two teammates were allowed to go to bed, Tabatha informed them that they would be doing another challenge for YouTube tomorrow. When Charles asked, what it was, they were told that it was a surprise. Normally Y/n didn't like surprises very much, but for some reason she was excited about this one. 

Finally they could go upstairs to their rooms, and as usual they looked around and when no one was around, Y/n snuck into Charles' room. Charles smiled at the sight of his girlfriend and lifted the covers of the blanket on the bed, where he was already laying, and Y/n happily accepted his gesture and snuggled into his chest and his arms that wrapped around her. "Are you excited about the race?" he asked looking into her beautiful eyes. 

"Yeah I am, I just hope we'll get some good points both of us this weekend" the last race was still a disappointment to her, and she really wanted to make it up to the team. "Don't worry, love. We're gonna smash it" he said before planting a kiss on her lips. She smiled and played with his messy hair before leaning back in. 

And just like that, Y/n was back to pushing all her negative thoughts away. The only thing that she cared about right now, was the fact that she was laying there in her boyfriends arms feeling safe and happy. The happiest she'd ever been before. To think that this man used to be her rival, her enemy... that was hilarious. And though she hated going around lying to everyone, and hiding their relationship in fear of getting fired, it was also a risk that she was willingly to take. Because she knew that she needed him. Back when he was with Charlotte, he was stuck in Y/n's mind all day long, and it only proved her point. She needed Charles in her life, and she was never ever letting go. 

A/N Don't worry y'all, I still have things planned out, drama and other exciting stuff. But as this book is a bit longer, it will take time. But I still hope you enjoy it <3