Part 19

The next day, they had to wake up early because it was time to do some track walking. Tabatha also told Y/n that after the track walk, her and Charles were gonna film a new challenge for the YouTube channel. She wasn't very excited to do that, but she also knew that she couldn't keep ignoring him, and she would have to get over him eventually. 

"You excited to film?" Charles popped into the motorhomes room where they were gonna film the video. Y/n looked up from her phone and met his eyes. "I'm ready to beat you again, yeah" she said with a smile that looked innocent to people who didn't know her, but Charles knew that smile all too well. Her I'm-gonna-cheat-or-distract-you-so-I-win-smile. "Not gonna happen. I'm winning this one" he said with the same smile and sat down next to her waiting for the filming crew to show up. 

Finally people showed up, and they were told that they were gonna be baking some cookies which actually sounded pretty fun. And then she would get a chance to beat Charles as well. "Oh and btw you have to have a blindfold on" someone on the film crew said and both drivers looked horrified, but then they looked at each other and smirked. Oh this was gonna be fun.

"Hey don't steal my sugar, get your own!" Y/n laughed slapping Charles' hands away, when she had her own hand in what felt like the sugar bowl. "From where?" he said referring to the fact that they had to share the ingredients. "That's not my problem" she responded both of them still laughing. Suddenly she felt something weird in her hair. She reached out and realized it was flour. "Did you just put flour in my hair?" she heard Charles cracking up with laughter along with the rest of the film crew. This was gonna get messy. "Oh this means war" she replied not paying attention to the cookies anymore. 

When they finally took their blindfolds off the saw the mess they had created and bursted out laughing. Neither of them had made a very good cookie, but it was really fun to watch. That whole time Y/n forgot all her problems and just enjoyed being with Charles, and it seemed like Charles was feeling the same way because he hadn't thought about Charlotte a single time. 

_____________________

"What even was that video?" Lando asked laughing along with Alex, George and Y/n as they were all having dinner together to catch up since all of them had been so busy these past two weeks. "I don't even know, it started off normal and just ended up in a war" she replied still laughing. They continued to talk and have a really great time at dinner before all of them went back to the hotel. Alex and Lando had to go do something with their teams, so it was just Y/n and George who were now sitting in her hotel room watching a movie and relaxing. 

"So how are things between you and Charles? You know, with everything that has happened." she knew, what he was referring to. "I think we're good. We haven't actually talked about that night at all since it happened, but we're good" she said giving him a little smile. "You sure?" he asked. "I mean, it's kinda weird how it all happened, but I just wanna move on since there really is no point in trying to start something between us. Besides, we're probably better of as just teammates" 

"Maybe. Or maybe not. Either way you can't just get over him over night. That takes time" she was so glad to have George and the other two boys. Without them, she would probably have felt super lonely. "I know, but I have to try and move on" they decided not to talk about it anymore and just watched the movie instead before they both fell asleep. 

_____________________

Y/n felt a lot more relaxed, when she was awake and sitting in her driver room the next day to get her racing suit on for Free Practice which started in about 30 minutes. It felt good to talk to George about everything last night, and she was ready to face the day. Or so she was until she arrived at the garage and saw Charlotte standing there talking to Charles again. 

A part of her was mentally slapping herself for thinking that she was over him. Another part of her was also really angry at herself. Not because she was jealous, well also because of that, but mostly because she let herself fall for her fucking teammate and rival out of all the people on the world. This was the absolute dumbest thing she could have done. 

She chose to ignore them both and focused on getting warmed up instead. She was more than ready to start racing again. "Radio check please" she smiled sitting behind the steering wheel again. "Loud and clear, now let's smash this Free Practice" and that she did. She had so much energy and adrenalin pumping through her body that she barely realized, she made it to P8 and P5. Her best results yet. And she even beat Charles in that second FP2. Charles had finished P5 and P6 today, and she didn't even make fun of him because her anger and adrenaline was boiling inside of her. Instead she took around a hundred deep breaths before going to the media pen for interviews. 

"Wow Y/n congrats on the great results today, and how good it is to see you back on track after the crash two weeks ago. Tell me, how are you feeling right now" like she could slap anyone who came near her right now, but instead she maintained her calm look. 

"Uh I feel great, I'm back and I'm ready to fight and show everyone and myself that I can actually do this." 

"Well we are definitely excited to see how the weekend goes for the Ferrari team. And could you tell us how you felt after the crash as well" news reporters are absolute shit. God she wanted to punch that woman in her face.

"Honestly I don't remember much from that exact moment. I'm just happy to be back" and thankfully Tabatha pulled her out of the interviews and told her she did great and she was done for today. 

"Hey Y/n" she turned around and loosened up a bit as she was met with Daniel Ricciardo's amazing smile that could possibly cure all the problems in the world. "Hey Daniel, what's up?" he gave her a fist bumb. "Just wanted to see how you've been holding up since Hungary. You look like you could fight a bear right now" he said causing them both the laugh. "Yeah well I have a lot of adrenaline and emotions boiling inside of me right now" she said smiling. "That's understandable. Well you did a great job today!" she thanked him and they continued to talk for a bit before Y/n headed back to the hotel. 

A/N I hope you like it so far. I still have a lot of things planned out.