Part 15

The minute long silence that filled the room felt like hours to Y/n, as she watched her three best friends trying to progress those four words she had just spoken to them. "Are either of you gonna say something or...?" finally they looked up from the ground. "Y/n this is... a lot to take in" George as the first one finally spoke up. "Look I know that alright, but it was a stupid thing that happened while we were both drunk, it's not like it meant anything" she had really become an expert in lying to herself at this point. 

"How did it even happen?" Alex asked. This was not a conversation that Y/n was liking very much. "I don't exactly remember everything, I just remember we went back to the hotel to watch a movie, and then we talked and then it kinda just happened" that was only about 30% a lie. She did say the right things, but she lied about not remembering anything. Oh no, she remembered everything. Right from their conversation, to his burning touch on her skin. Yep she definitely remembered everything. 

"Can we just please move on? It's not like anything else will ever happen anyway" she asked hoping they would let it go. "But I mean, you guys used to hate each other, and look at you now... I haven't seen you to fight in a really long time" why did he make that sound so bad? "Is that really so bad? Maybe we've both grown up. I mean, we still joke around, but it's a lot more fun when we don't have to hate each other" finally it was like the tension had loosened up a bit. "No you're right. That's not a bad thing just be careful alright?" Lando said. she nodded and they left the room to get something to eat

________________________

After her talk with the guys yesterday, she felt a bit more ready for qualifying today. Her last free Practice ended in P8 again and she had been showing solid results all week. She had just left her driver room and went to the pitlane, when her heart sank. Once again she saw that girl from earlier talking to Charles and being all touchy and flirty. Y/n could feel the anger inside of her as she clenched her fists. 

"Hey stranger, come over here" suddenly she felt her whole body relax when she looked up and saw Charles waving her over. She hesitated for a moment before walking towards them. "Y/n this is Charlotte, a friend of mine. Charlotte this is my teammate Y/n" Y/n gave Charlotte a little smile, before she just took Y/n's hand and shook it. Y/n was a little taken back by her actions. "It's so nice to meet you, Y/n. I'm a big fan of Ferrari and of course you"

"Hey what about me?" Charles said playfully earning a little push from Charlotte. Just like Y/n usually push him. Oh God this was a nightmare. "Yeah and you too Charlie" Charlie?! She had already given him a nickname. Could this possibly get any worse? "Well I'll be in the garage when you're done, and we'll meet up for lunch" she said and manages to hug them both before leaving. Oh so it could get any worse. Now they were having lunch together after quali. 

"Come one, stranger. It's time for quali" Charles said putting an arm around her like that was normal. The nickname 'stranger' was starting to annoy her a bit. Was that all she meant to him? A stranger? Of course she was overthinking all this, and then right before qualifying? Typical. 

Her pace was far from as great as it could have been. She was trying her best to focus, but it was so hard when she knew that after this, Charles would have lunch with that Charlotte girl whom by the way was so unbelievable pretty. Like... it's unfair. "I'm sorry guys, I don't know what's wrong. The car just doesn't feel great" she said with sadness over the radio. 

"Copy that. Just give it the best you've got. It's almost over" Riccardo spoke back to her. It was hard to focus, but she tried her best and managed to get P13. Her worst quali so far, but at least it could have been a lot worse. "I'm so sorry guys, I don't know what happened" she told her team when she got out of the car.

Some of the mechanics and even Mr. Binotto came over and gave her a little clap on her shoulder saying that it was alright. But she didn't feel like it was alright. And she knew the only reason for her shitty result was because she let her emotions get to her. Stupid shit. She rushed to her driver room and got changed into some normal clothes to avoid seeing Charles. She knew that honestly she was being so childish, but all these feelings were overwhelming her. 

After saying goodbye to the team, she got into her normal car and drove of. She had no idea, where she was going, but suddenly she found herself near an empty park, and decided that it would be good with some fresh air. As she sat there on the bench, her thoughts came back. Was she really getting jealous of that Charlotte girl and why? And why couldn't she stop thinking about Charles and that night they had spend together? 

Why did she keep on wishing she was back in that hotel bed with his arms around her pulling her close making her feel safe? And why on Earth was it so fucking typical for her to fall for the guy she had literally been hating since childhood? Her literal childhood rival!!!!! This was the dumbest thing ever. She took a deep breath and decided that it really wasn't worth it because she would rather keep racing in F1 than loose her seat over something so ridiculous as a silly little crush.

A/N hehe I hope you like it so far <3