Gringotts Break-in

"Well, not necessarily, but that would be an added plus,"

"You guys looking forward to our first weekend at Hogwarts?" I asked while I emptied rock cakes from my pockets that Hagrid had given us before we left. I, along with Harry, had been too nice to refuse them.

"Yeah," Harry replied. But somethings off with Snape. The first day of school, he looked at me—and my scar began to burn."

I turned towards Harry, giving him a puzzled look. That's odd... "No Harry, if there's an odd professor, it's Quirrell."

"And what makes you say that?" Both Ron and Harry asked.

"Because I just know," I said. "Plus, when I was in his class, every time he turned his back, my scar burned."

We entered the Great Hall for supper and before any of them could argue, Leah's nails dug into the side of my arm, dragging me away and towards the Slytherin table. "How was your time at Hagrid's?" She gushed.

The both of us took seats towards the end of the table and began stacking pounds of food onto our plates. "Nice, I guess. But blood was dripping from the ceiling so I'm not that compelled to go back."

Leah stifled a laugh through her mouth that was stuffed with mashed potatoes. "GladI wzhnt here," she said while chewing.

I stared blankly at her, unable to understand a word she said. "What?" I laughed.

Leah finished chewing, swallowed her food, then repeated herself. "Glad I wasn't there," she clarified.

"Yeah, next time I'll find a valid excuse not to—,"

My sentence was cut short by Malfoy approaching us with his friend Zabini. "Hey, female Potter!" He yelled as he and Zabini sat opposite of us, both loading their plates.

"Why are you sitting with us?" I grumbled, slightly annoyed by the intrusion. He simply shrugged and didn't bother answering.

"Where were you two?" Zabini asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I was at Hagrid's for lunch," I stated, slightly confused since we've barely ever talked to him before.

Leah seemed to be on the same boat I was. "I was in the library reading. Why?"

"Well, we've just been informed that on Thursday, we start our flying lessons—," Draco paused for a moment and let out an annoyed huff. "With the Gryffindors."

"It's not that bad," I said while rolling my eyes.

"Easy for you to say," said Zabini. "The people there like you!" I shrugged, not being able to argue with him. By now mail had arrived and a black owl swooped down, dropping a copy of the daily prophet on Zabini's lap. He picked up the prophet and placed it onto the table, furrowing his brows. "Someone broke into Gringotts," he stated. "Isn't that place, like, impenetrable?"

I picked up the daily prophet and began reading allowed.

GRINGOTTS BREAK-IN LATEST

Investigations continue into the break-in at Gringotts on 31, July, widely believed to be the work of Dark wizards or witches unknown. Gringotts goblins today insist nothing was taken. The vault that was searched had in fact been emptied that same day. "But we're not telling you what was in there so keep your noses out of it if you know what's good for you," said Gringotts spokes-goblin this afternoon.

I scrunched up my nose and turned towards the other three who were eyeing me curiously.

"What is it?" Leah asked.