End of First Year

"I'm gonna miss your rude comments and our petty arguments,"

Today was the last day of our first year, and I was heading down to the Great Hall for the end of year feast.

"Do you think we won the house cup?" Leah asked as I brushed through my hair.

"I don't know..." I started. "We would have if we didn't lose Slytherin 150 points..."

Once the two of us finished getting ready, we exited our dorm and headed to the Great Hall. As we entered, I saw Blaise waving the both of us over. Leah and I gladly approached both Blaise and Draco at the Slytherin table.

"I wonder who won the house cup," Blaise said thoughtfully as Leah and I took our seats across from him. At that moment, Dumbledore stood up from the Professors table and clapped his hands to get everyone's attention.

"Looks like we're about to find out," I replied. I really wanted to win, but it didn't look so good for our house.

"Another year gone!" Dumbledore started. "And as I understand, the house cup needs awarding and the points stand thus; in fourth place, Gryffindor with three hundred and twelve points; in third, Slytherin, with three hundred and twenty-two points;"

Me and my friends sighed. Looks like Slytherin wasn't winning the House cup this year... "Second place, Hufflepuff, with three hundred and fifty-two points, and first place goes to Ravenclaw with four hundred and twenty-six points."

The Ravenclaw table began cheering and throwing their hats in the air, celebrating their victory.

Draco sighed. "Well, at least petty Gryffindor didn't win..." Blaise nodded in agreement.

"Yes, Yes, well done, Ravenclaw," said Dumbledore. "However, recent events must be taken into account."

The room went still, and the Ravenclaws' smiles faded.

"Ahem," said Dumbledore. "I have a few last-minute points to dish out. Let me see. Yes..." He went into his pocket and pulled out a small piece of parchment, "First, to Mr Ronald Weasly, for the best played game of chess in many years; fifty points to Gryffindor!"

I looked over at the Gryffindor table to see Ron with a huge smile, and his brothers all slapping him on the back. My friends groaned.

"Next to Miss Hermione Granger, for your quick thinking when someone was in danger; another fifty points to Gryffindor!"

"No way!" I yelled. "That puts us in fourth place!"

"He's not done yet," Draco muttered angrily as he stabbed the chicken on his plate.

"Third, to Mr Harry Potter, I award the Gryffindor house sixty points!" The Gryffindors all jumped out of their seats and started cheering extremely loudly, many of them yelling thanks to Ron, Harry and Hermione.

"And lastly, to Miss Potter, also for outstanding courage and extreme bravery; I reward the Slytherin House 30 points!" Some people cheered, but many people looked appalled, especially the Slytherins and my friends.

Leah and Blaise threw their hands up in the air, and Leah yelled at Dumbledore in anger. "How is that even fair?" Many people yelled agreements, but Dumbledore ignored their cries and kept talking. Banners appeared all in Gryffindor colors, and people resumed eating.