Chapter 65: The Creature from within part 1

In one of the caves in Fortress mountain, Maya and the other maidens arrived at their destination. She was holding reed that was twice her height on her shoulder as she saw a dark aura around a mysterious gate that was falling apart.

"W-whats in there?" Maya asked, as she felt a wave of alchemic energy pass right through her.

"That's the creature from the legend." Robin responded, while she and the other girls approached the gate. "Our jobs as maidens is to replace that, before the creature can escape. It took a lot of people to seal it the first time and I doubt this country has the men power to do so."

"Even with the Ozen, Leo and the other clan leaders. Sealing this door would be difficult at best." Lana added as she prepared to tie her reed with a special ribbon. "Hurry up so we can leave. I feel uneasy being next to this thing."

Maya mimicked all of Robin's actions. She tied the reed in a special seal before activating it with her alchemic energy. She then set it in front of her creating a wall of reed between her and the entrance.

"What do we do now?" Maya asked.

"We wait for the last piece of the reed to disappear, before we close the entrance." One of the other girls stated.

"Yeah we'll show that creature our girl power." Another added as she hyped up everyone. The girls then started singing as they waited for the piece to disappear. During this moment Maya observed the smiles on everyone's face. Some were even laughing.

"This is beautiful." Lana commented on the music and the atmosphere it created. "You should thank Your sister for me."

" I will."

As the last piece of the door began to vanish, the singing stopped. The girls with smiles on their faces readied themselves. "On my mark we run towards the door." The leader of the group alerted everyone.

"Yes ma'am!" They all shouted.

"Go!!" She shouted. As the piece was about to quickly vanish completely everyone started running. The creature tried to slow them down by using it's alchemic energy however, the reed was able to block  it. When the final piece vanished the snout of the monster appeared. Both Lana and Maya saw red big eyes from within the creatures lair. Luckily for the country, the girls managed to seal off the exit in time.

The creature tried to push the door down however, it wasn't enough. The girls with all their strength managed to close it. Once the reeds were connected, a new gate was created.

After breathing a sigh of relief, Maya lay flat on the ground. Her heavy breathing slowed down as she looked at the ceiling. She turned to Robin who was stretching next to her.

"How was your experience." Robin asked Maya and Lana.

"Okay." Lana stated.

"It was something new and I got to see how culture can bring people together." Maya responded. She also noticed the other girls smiling.

"You better come back next year."

"I will guys thank you." Maya showed some gratitude. Lana smiled gently as she watched the girls interact with each other.

Moments like these make me wonder where did our country go wrong? If everyone can be like these girls, who knows? Lana thought.

"Bravo!"

Upon hearing those words all the girls turned towards the cave entrance. The was person, who was slowly approaching them as his clapped his hands. He wore a white mask which seemed to resemble a monkey's face.

"Who are you?" Robin asked as  she stepped forward to protect the girls. Maya joined her, as her hands started glowing.

"Excuse my rudeness."  The man spoke. "My name is Azoth." He bowed.

While this was happening, Cody and his group were flying in mid-air. Lion used his Mercury to create platforms for them.

"Captain Lion. How do you know where the villains are?" Cody asked.

"It's because of his spell mercurial path." Cliff answered.

"That's right. This is the only spell I have." Lion explained.

"That's amazing, but what do you mean by only spell?" Cody asked.

"Well captain Lion suffers from a disease called Singularity. Its a disease that reduces the number of spells you learn." Langa explained. "In captain Lion's case it's a bit critical."

"And you became a captain with that affecting you; you're amazing." Zack stated. Cody agreed.

"Learning about your attribute's properties can really help. It will open a new world of possibilities for you. That is something a lot of people won't do." The captain advised everyone. "For now let's focus on rescuing my sister and destroy the bad guy."

At that moment the mercury encased everyone in it. It bounced high into the sky before crashing into a concrete building.

The alarm rang alerting everyone of the intruders. The people moved around haphazardly trying to get away from them. The guards came rushing in with their weapons on hand.

"Follow the plan everyone."

"Yes sir!" Everyone shouted before they seperated.

Meanwhile, Azoth approached the girls in fortress mountain. Every time he took a step the earth shook. Maya could not see his skin tone due to his body being covered by a white coat and gloves.

"What are you doing?" Robin asked, before wrapping him up in vines.

"Do you really think that this pathetic excuse of a spell is enough to constrain me?" The villain questioned the knight's action. "You'd have to kill the monster in there, before you think of challenging me."

"I'm the one asking quest-" Robin stopped, after realizing that she was the one wrapped around the vines. How did I get here?

"Humans are so amusing." Azoth laughed before stretching his hands. "Do you want to play as well?"

"Stop!" Maya shouted before encasing the villain in a gelatin prison. "You can't escape from there."

"Are you sure?"

Suddenly, Maya found herself in her own spell. "Can you escape from there yourself?" Azoth confidently asked before setting his sight on the other maidens. "Unless the rest of you are stronger than them, I suggest that you move away."

Out of fear the girls opened a path for him. I thought it was just me, but this guy was able to switch places Maya and Robin ease. I wonder how is he like when he's serious? Lana observed as her friend's techniques were being used against them.

"It looks like the seal has been put in place." Azoth observed, as he started to levitate. This shocked Lana because she did not sense any use of alchemic energy. "If you knew what this seal was made of you'd be disgusted. You humans would do anything to survive. Am I right ladies?"

Everyone was too afraid to move or to respond. All they could do was watch. What is he talking about? Lana pondered as she turned her attention towards Maya. But if I do something he might kill me.

"You are busy saying humans are weak and stuff, why don't you try and remove the seal?" Robin mocked the villain. "You are nothing special."

Upon hearing Robin's degrading statement Azoth laughed. It was difficult for the girls to see if it was a fake or real thanks to his face mask.

"Robin was it? You are quite funny. Firstly, you compare me to the infants who have no idea how alchemic energy works. This seal is actually simple to break."

"How?"Robin asked as a drop of sweat flowed down her face.

"Like this." The villain touched the wall of reed causing it to glow.

Immediately after that the whole cave exploded. The sound of the explosion and the roaring of the creature echoed throughout the area. Leo who was at Luyengo town helping with reconstruction heard this.

He grit his teeth as he saw a giant monstrous silhouette on top of Fortress mountain.