Chapter 9 Sargo Village

"Rookie number three has finally arrived!" Becca announced, as she welcomed Cody.

"We've been standing here for half an hour. Stop goofing off you idiot." Sito scolded Cody. Causing his brother to apologise to them. "I can't believe we're in the same squad."

"Well then shall we get in?" Becca asked, before opening the door. "Welcome to the Wyvern squad, one of the four mighty knight squads of the Ngwane nation."

The kids marveled at the interior of the building. Unlike the outside, it was decorated with marble and obsidian. At the center of the lobby was a huge fountain made of amethyst, which was a gift from the nation of Britannia. On the top of it was the squad's logo.

The area was busy with people moving up and down, plus in and out of the building. "Hey  Becca!" A person called. The children turned towards the source of the sound to see a chubby lady with long brown hair.

"Lola!" Zack's sister responded.

"Are those our new recruits?" The person asked as she inspected everyone.

"Yes they are." Becca replied.

"Nice to meet you guys." Lola greeted everyone, but only Cody responded.

"I'm just giving them the tour. The captain asked me." Becca informed her friend.

"See you later then." Lola waved as she left the building. "Don't want to interfere with your duties."

"It's better her than me. Being around an abnormal is embarrassing. What was the captain thinking bringing that here?" Lola mumbled to herself.

"She seems nice." Cody observed.

"You are too trusting my dude." Robin commented. Her body language was saying something completely different. I've seen it alot.

Becca lead the three to the dining hall. "If you're ever hungry or thirsty; you should come here to vanquish it."

"Yes, and it's the best place to get a nice glass of wine."

"Slacking off again?" Becca asked.

"I'm just enjoying the day." The person responded. "You should to. You've been working way too much.

"She smells like a shabeen." Sito commented.

"Who is she lady Becca?" Robin asked.

"This is Nedine Mavuso."

"Nice to meet you ma'am. I'm Cody." Sito's brother introduced himself while he just watched.

"Hello Cody." The lady smiled.

I can sense a level of warmth coming from her. Robin noted.

"Despite being a drunk, she seems powerful." Sito observed. She might even be stronger than Becca.

As she finished her current bottle of wine Nedine created a mirror and pulled out another bottle. "Sorry for cutting the conversation short, but I have to get back to work. Bye guys."

"She is going to find a new spot to drink isn't she?" Sito questioned.

"Right on the nose Sito. You get five points." Becca sighed. "Well there's nothing I can do about it. She our squad's current vice captain after all."

The trio looked back at her in shock. "Wow I should ask her for some training tips sometimes." Cody stated.

"That training would be wasted on you. Besides why would you want to be stronger?" Robin asked Cody, as she poked his forehead.