Chapter 26 Prison Break part 1

Cody tried all he could but, he was unable to separate the bars. He'd been at it for the past twenty minutes not showing a sign of stopping. The promise he made Maya and to himself gave him the strength to keep on trying even when his hands were in excruciating pain. This was the first time in years he worked this hard in years.

"Um... maybe I can help." Maya said as she approached him from behind. Seeing Cody like this frustrated her, it always has. Ever since she could remember Cody was always there to protect her, even when things got difficult. Though he is not the strongest even, though he is not the smartest, he always tried. The whole reason she became a magic knight was to be as strong as him and to protect others like he does.

"Don't worry I got this." He replied before continuing with what he was doing. As he was about to stop a pair of hands held the other bar and began to pull the opposite direction.

"I'm not taking no for an answer... Besides the quicker we escape the sooner you can see your mother again." Maya said as she pulled. With her small hands, she pulled really hard. Little did the two know that they were being watched by everyone else. The old one legged man was observing while smiling. If only they were still around to see humanity's strength. He thought to himself as they continued pulling. "Tembe this boy is just like you. "

The crowd began to mumble amongst themselves as they saw someone try to escape. "Pull!" Shouted a group of men who watched from afar. They were also pulling at their very own bars. The one legged man just smiled. "Don't let kids from a different nation and clan out shine you. Pull!" Another continued.

No matter how tough the situation is humanity can change it.

"Should we really escape?" Some of the elderly questioned worried. They thought it was pure recklessness. " What if we are attacked further? STOOOOP!" Some said as they tried to plead with the youngsters to stop.

"If we do, we will die here and our kids will suffer more." Said another elderly person who had started to pull as well.

"If you can't beat them join them." Said an old man who smiled gently.

Soon the cells were filled with people pulling on metallic bars. "Can we join you?" Said more people as they stood up from their sleeping sacks. All these people worked together helping each other. As the bars broke, holes big enough for people to pass through were created. The whole crowd cheered once they were outside of their cells.

"Thank you for lighting a flame of hope young ones..." An elderly said as everyone cheered on some even blew whistles. Cody blushed while he rubbed his hair with right hand Maya however, hid behind him.

"How are we supposed to do this?" One of the people asked as they stared down the two iron doors in front of them. "The guards never locked those doors."

"Let only those who have combat capabilities pass through." Said a large bold man black with a mustache. His eyes were golden and his clothes took the shape of his muscles. "We have the highest chance to beat them in combat. The restof you should just stay here for safety."

Without much deliberation everyone agreed. "Even though you are young, you should come with us." A lady stated as she looked at both Cody and Maya.

"Yeah so that they can lead the Ngwane knights to this place." Another finished her plan.

"Yes ma'am!" Cody responded as Maya nodded. The two then turned their heads towards the door preparing to face anything that awaited them on the other side. Don't worry mom we are coming back.

The men pushed the door and it began to Creek open. Bit by bit it opened, till enough space for a full bodied person to pass through was created. What awaited them on the other side was pure darkness. What Cody feared the most was what awaited them. Before they pass through Cody took a deep breath.