Chapter 84: Trial part 1

The attackers got closer and surrounded the trio. With a single swing they tried to cut them. Unfortunately Cody and his friends were able to evade the attacks easily.

As if anticipating a counter attack, the attackers quickly moved back. Zack was a bit surprised by this. "Hmm..."

"Did you find anything out?" Cody asked as he manifested his night staff.

"Their reaction was almost inhuman." Zack expressed his thoughts.

"Who cares, let's just get to clobbering these weirdos." Abby stated as she fired some molten rocks at the villains.

In unison, the trio destroyed her attack. Just before they could act, Cody came flying in with an expanded night staff. He tried to crush them, but the attackers jumped away. To Cody's shocked he was now tangled in a thin wire. Every movement he made caused the strings to dig deeper into his skin. Drops of blood started flowing out of his skin.

In an attempt to free him, Zack launched his wind slicer. One of the villains used it's string to destroy it. "Abby!" Zack shouted.

From above a molten rock came crashing down. "Sorry Cody." She apologized.

"Don't worry about me." Cody egged her on. An explosion occurred destroying everything around her up to fifty meters.

Zack used a wind barrier to protect himself, while Cody wrapped himself in is phantom claw. As Abby went to investigate what had happened to attackers she was surprised by what she saw.

There in front of her were many pieces of some kind of machine. Zack and Cody quickly joined her. "What is that?" Cody asked.

"I don't know myself." Zack stated as he picked up a piece. "Whatever it is, it's well crafted."

Do you think it's one of Lana's crazy out of control projects?" Abby looked at Cody.

"I'm not sure because this type of wood looks like it comes from a certain tree that does not grow in the central continent." Zack analyzed the piece extensively. While doing so the piece was yanked off his hands and the others quickly followed.

Piece by piece they combined forming something new entirely. Rather than the previous puppet this time it created a new one, bigger and more intimidating than the first ones. It wielded two swords with strings behind acting as tentacles.

"This is my final form." It stated.

"This would be so cool if I wasn't scared right now." Cody expressed his thoughts. Before anyone could respond the monstrosity attacked. A dust cloud erupted where the children stood.

Cody had blocked the attack while Abby and Zack jumped away. "Cody!" Abby shouted.

"It looks like all my training is starting to pay off. I got this." Cody assured her before expanding his night staff. He used it to push back the puppet meters away from himself. He then spun his staff three times before he swung it at the puppet.

"His control with that weapon has increased." Someone observed from a distance. "Let's see what the others will do." They added before pulling a string.

Meanwhile, Tesla and Robin were moving around the forest at great speeds. "Where is it now?" Robin asked.

Using his bolt vision Tesla searched for it. The young knight then heard some rustling on some trees above them. When he looked he saw two more of the invisible soldiers about to attack.

Tesla using his speed, jumped towards Robin and moved her out of harms way. The two rolled on the ground before stopping .

As they stood up, Robin noticed something from the corner of her eyes. "Can you buy me five minutes, I have a plan." She told her friend.

"Alright." Tesla stated before blasting the trees with water.

"Trying to use the liquid from tree? How cute." The person stated.

I can hear his voice clearly but, I can't locate him. Even with my bolt vision I can't find him. Tesla got frustrated. The young boy then noticed some phantom knights moving through the tree.   For now let me focus on protecting Robin. I'll focus on finding him once they are gone.

Tesla then cut the brunches and threw them like javelins. They pieced the phantom troop, but it wasn't enough to slow them down completely.

What a waste of alchemic energy. His attribute is already suitable for fighting me. The person controlling the phantom troops observed. However, he is resourceful. I wonder what that Mamba is up to?

While the figure pondered, Robin suddenly opened his eyes. "Tesla let them through!" Robin shouted. Hesitantly Tesla lead the troops to Robin. "It's time to let it rip." Robin continued with a smug smile on her face.

From out of the blue a flower appeared on her fist. Using it, Robin was able to push the knights thanks to the water gushing out of it. This shocked both Tesla and the villain who were wondering where did she get the water.

"How are you doing this?" Tesla asked. With a smug smile Robin pointed at a nearby man hole.

"That kinda reminded me that this entire area has an underground drainage system to prevent  soil erosion." Robin bragged. "You are not the only one who can think on their feet."

"But that won't be enough to take out my troop-" The villain stopped upon seeing Tesla ready his attack.

"I think this where I come in." Tesla stated as Robin smiled. Suddenly his four bolt became a six bolt eye.

"Do it."

"Lightning dragon blast!" Tesla shouted, before he blasted lightning. The attacks hit the soldiers destroying them instantly.

After the attack, Tesla got on his knees. He was sweating bullets and his breathing was heavy. Even so the young boy gathered what little strength he had left. The criminal is hiding somewhere. This is no time to sit.

As he tried to stand up, Robin jumped in and helped him. "I thought spending alot of time with us would be enough." Robin stated. "Just remember that we will always have your back."

Suddenly the two heard clapping. When they looked up some nearby trees, they saw culprit standing there looking down on them. "I guess I'm done."