Chapter 34 The Ritual

Maskaraid bounced around the ally quickly trying to avoid the shadow hands, who were attempting to grab her. She sliced those that got too close with her sword clarent.

Both women looked serious during the battle and the tension was growing the more it carried on. Maskaraid suddenly saw an opening. She charged forward destroying anything that came close to her." Lightning blade!" She shouted as lightning completely covered her sword. Sparks flew of in different directions as the lightning fully embodied the blade.

As Maskaraid was about to slice Lady T, suddenly a shadow hand emerged quickly from the ground dragging Maskaraid into the shadow realm.

"Gets them everytime." Lady T said before Maskaraid burst from floor giving her a: 'bolt uppercut.' Lady T flew to the edge of the alley where her shadow hands caught her. "How did you figure out how to escape?"

"I knew a person who fought like that." Maskaraid smiled while responding.

"Well..." Lady T replied as she stood up from the ground.  Suddenly, the whole city began to shake. "It looks like all the pieces are in place. Your friends slowed down our progress but, I had a back up plan. The ritual has begun and it can't be stopped."  She continued as she retreated back into the the shadow realm.

"Dammit this was all a distraction."

"What's happening ma'am?" Maya asked as she carried Abby on her back. Suddenly a building not too far away erupted with a brilliant light.

"The....hos...pital." Abby murmured as she flickered her eyes. This caused Maskaraid to quickly run and cover them. Suddenly Maya found herself in the outskirts of the city on a nearby hill.

"Masky this is bad." Said B.Mohale who sat on a nearby tree. The boys except for Clement and Cody were asleep on the ground. The two saw the girls and ran to help them. Clement held Abby like a baby between his arms, while Maya used Cody's shoulder  as a crutch.

"What's happening?" Clement asked as he placed Abby next to Sito. Maya and Cody were both curious as well as they approached the two adults. This was the first time the kids ever saw this phenomenon.

"It's a transmutation circle. Mages long ago used it to manifest objects into existence but, it was abandoned because it required a sacrifice to execute." Clement's eyes widened upon hearing those.

"What was the sacrifice?" Maya asked not believing what she was thinking.

Maskaraid looked towards them with a serious expression on her face. "Human souls. Right now everyone in the city is in danger and if the ritual is complete all of their souls would be gone forever."

"Masky this got serious. It's drag but we have to stop this."

"Let me and Clement come." Cody proclaimed as he saw the the beam intensify. He also looked at Maya who was concerned for their fellow prisoners. Clement however was not too keen on going.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Precious used her memory magic to open a portal into the castle. She brought Trinity and his party along with her and left them at the gardens. "No one will find you here and the transmutation circle won't harm you. I'll be back." She said before she entered the portal.

"I'm coming with you." Trinity replied as he held her hand. Precious liked it but this was not  the time for it. "You'll need all the backup you have. Ted will look after everyone." He continued as he smiled at his friend. Sebe was flattered by this gesture and accepted it as well. Both of them soon disappeared into a portal.

All around the city people were suffering. Argos could see children crying in pain as their parents attempt to hold them but ultimately failing. He was surprised that his king would do such a thing. All these people gladly followed him however, he did not care much about them. As he slowly fell to the ground one thing popped into his mind. It was Lion and his new found strength. "I leave this nation in your capable hands." He added before he fell unconscious on the cold concrete.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When Layla found Ozen he was staring at the Rainbow nation. "I'm glad you are here." He said before he turned towards her. Becca who was behind Layla could tell that something serious is happening, unfortunately she was too injured to help.

"Princess, unfortunately we have a huge problem." He continued as his royal clothes tore of revealing his battle armour.

"What is the problem kind sir?"  She replied worried. Her hands slightly trembled as she waits for the response.  Just at that moment the door opened revealing Zack who did the Knight salute.

"Sir the vehicles are ready to move out." He said to Ozen who simply nodded.

"I'm taking a small squad with me to Rainbow because I sense an unnatural aura emanating from there. Will you come with me to save Rainbow? Your spatial magic could come in handy. "

Hearing those words made Layla happy because this is what she was hoping for. "Yes I will..." She replied confidently. From the background Becca smiled proudly at this young warrior. Good luck little butterfly.