Chapter 80: Tristan

The two Kings talked throughout the night. When morning came, Glen entered the office and found them fast asleep. Meliodas was on the couch while Ozen slept on his desk. At least he got some sleep... The squad captain thought as he slowly shut the door.

Meanwhile, Abby, Cody and Zack were exploring the festival. Despite all that happened two days ago, the magi still allowed the reed festival to continue. It would be an understatement to say that the people were delighted by that announcement.

Abby was carrying a bunch of prizes which she got from beating Zack and Cody in a number of games. Despite knowing that she was physically superior to them, they kept challenging her in hopes of winning. They played games such as paintball, escape room, stick fighting and goldfish catching.

Due to the large crowds in Brema, both Abby and Zack kept bumping into people. However, Cody maneuvered with ease. It was as if he was predicting what each individual person was going to do. The gap between him and his friends was slowly widening.

It's almost lunch time. We have to get there before everyone else... Cody thought as he looked at a restaurant logo in the distance. I'm on my way Mr.Mainga. Leave a spot for me.

"Have you noticed that Cody's been acting strange ever since yesterday?" Zack asked Abby, while trying to keep his eyes on his friend.

"Not really. Isn't he always a depressed edge Lord?" Abby responded.

"But this time it seems different."

"Don't over think things. We are getting chilly fries after all." Abby  explained. Zack with no proof to what he was thinking had to accept Abby's suggestion as fact. "Remember how he was the last time we went to buy chilly fries?"

That's true, except that he's been like this since yesterday. I'm pretty sure this is not about chilly fries. Zack pondered.

While moving through the busy city streets, the Dlamini boy spotted a blonde hair, blue eyed boy wondering the streets aimlessly. It was obvious to him that this person was lost. Without a second thought, Cody rushed over to lend a helping hand. Seeing Cody taking a detour surprised his friends.

Avoiding traffic, Cody quickly crossed the road with ease. The blonde boy noticed this and was a bit impressed.

"You seem lost. Want some help?" Cody offered. The boy turned to Cody and scanned him from head to toe.

He doesn't seem reliable. The boy observed. However...

"I'm fine, I was on my way to the Mainga Restaurant with a relative." The boy responded. "But it seems we got separated in the crowd."

"Wait are you from Britannia?" Zack questioned, surprising Cody in the process.

"Indeed I am." The boy answered. "My name is Tristan."

Great more idiots are joining the party. Tristan thought while staring at them. To make matters worse, one of them is a Mamba. I have to be careful and not start a fight.

"Yep he is from Britannia." Abby stated as she arrived.

"How can you tell?"

"It's his dialect and the way he is standing, plus the ring on his finger." Zack explained.

"He is not very bright is he?" Tristan asked Zack.

"He use to sleep alot in class, but his ability to adapt to a situation is second to none." Zack boasted. "Plus... he is a good friend." Abby who was standing behind Zack agreed. This statement made the blonde boy smile a bit.