Chapter 75: Extreme release

Zack got on his knees, while Cody pushed some rubble away. They could feel the vibrations become softer as Kenya moved further away from them.

"What just happened?" Cody asked.

"Kenya turned himself into a homunculus..." Zack responded as he got up. Thanks to his injured leg he struggled a bit. Cody noticed this, but kept to himself.

"Homuncu- what?"

"Homunculus. It's an artificial human made from parts of other living human." Zack responded. "Kenya used his friends as the raw material, killing them in the process. But to be honest, his is not perfect. It's more of a chimera."

After Zack said that, Cody looked at all the bones belonging to Kenya's friends. What would make you do this Kenya?

Zack created his clones and used them to rocket themselves towards Kenya. Mid flight, Zack would create more clones to add more power. Cody was impressed by this, due to how much calculation it would take to increase their speeds while they were moving very fast. If Zack were to miscalculate, they would be injured beyond repair.

As they passed through the forest a pair of tentacles approached them. Using his night staff Cody destroyed them. Just when he thought he was done, six more  appeared and this time they were covered in flames.

Zack's clones pushed them away, before Cody sliced them into tiny pieces. "I'm pretty sure that Kenya is a member of the Motsa clan, how is he able to use both the fire and plant attributes?" Cody asked as he used Zack's clones to evade the attack, while at the same time attacking anything that got close to him.

"Using the transmutation circle he was able to absorb the souls of his friends, and fused with them. The only way to stop him is to defeat him." Zack responded as he used his wind slicer spell to cut open a path for them.

The more important question is where did he learn how to use a transmutation circle. It is forbidden, resulting in a death penalty if caught doing so. Zack pondered, as both boys jumped out of the forest into one of the coastal towns of the nation.

Their eyes widened as they discovered what they were chasing. In front of them was a thirty feet humanoid monster, with four fluid tentacles sticking out of it. It had one eye and a glowing center, which Zack identified as it's core.

"I think we will need more help." Cody stated, as he bit his thumb and touched the earth. His attribute took the shape of a wolf.

"So you mastered how to summon?" Zack questioned.

"Yeah, your father taught me how." Cody awkwardly smiled, while rubbing the back of his head. "I wanted to learn more about the Butimba ritual, so he taught me this."

"Lucky you..." Zack mumbled as Mamiki emerged from the darkness. Zack quickly made clones of the wolf and ordered them to evacuate and rescue the civilians meanwhile, Cody reported to captain Lion asking for backup.

After that, the boys were off. Kenya noticed the knights approaching him. Out of frustration, he quickly fired mercury bullets at them. The bullets were six feet tall. Cody grabbed Zack with his expanded phantom claw and tossed him into the air. Using the mercury bullets as stepping stones, Cody followed Zack.

"If you can please protect my son." Cody remembered Leo's words, as he looked at Zack's leg.

Kenya then created clones of himself and used them to attack the boys. The clones were Zack and Cody's height. Cody was pushed back by water as Zack struggled with the clone that used mercury. They fought on one of the tentacles against an army of them.

"I will destroy everything untill you show everyone who you really are!" Kenya stated in a monstrous voice. "All of this is your fault abnormal." Kenya stated as he destroyed some buildings.

Thanks to Mamiki and Zack's clones, the people were saved and taken to safety. The dia wolf and it's clones were hard at work rescuing people. A few of them were destroyed in the process, but the people were saved.

Cody expanded his staff, and used it to take out the mercury clone, while Zack defeated the water clone. He then expanded his night staff and attempted to destroy the core. Unfortunately he was swatted away like a fly.

Zack used his attribute to catch his friend. "Why are you so fixated on seeing me lash out? I don't get it, someone like you should be focused on becoming stronger."

Cody's word brought back a memory. In it was a man lying on sewage. Around him were adults carrying rocks and some were throwing them. "Don't worry my boy, that disgusting abnormal will never come near you again." A woman told Kenya. Three years passed and Kenya saw Cody protecting Zack from bullies.

As the boys continued fighting, Zack rocketed Cody with his gale palm spell. Cody expanded his phantom claw and punched the core. Unfortunately for the Dlamini boy, Kenya had reinforced it with mercury. Spikes protruded from it, forcing the knight to jump away.

While Cody was falling he noticed a father and son about to smashed by some falling rubble. The young knight expanded his phantom claw and shielded them. When Kenya saw them, the little boy reminded him of himself eight years ago.

Seeing this angered Kenya causing him to lash out at the family Cody saved. The father covered his son as the giant monstrosity swung it's tentacle at them. Cody stood in front of them and blocked the attack with his expanded phantom claw.

Kenya's boiled upon witnessing this. He then repeatedly punched Cody with two of his tentacles. The Dlamini boy stood firm and took the beating of a life time. "Why would some like you help the people who have discriminated and oppressed them? I don't get it!?"

"That's because I don't want anyone to loose a loved one the way I did." Cody stated. "I want to see families smiling together for a very long time. And if becoming a Magi is the only way I can do it, then so be it."

"I've now realized that you to have lost someone special to Kenya and that is why I'm going to fight you and wake you up from that nightmare."Cody stated as he punched one of Kenya's tentacles away.

"Me, living in a nightmare? How stupid of you!" Kenya shouted. He combined his two tentacles together to form larger tentacles. He then coated them in mercury before  he swung them at Cody.

At that moment Zack and Mamiki appeared out of nowhere. The two used the expansion technique to cut through them with their spells. "Let's go!" Zack shouted before one of his clones launched Cody at Kenya's core.

Cody used his phantom claw to maneuver around them. The water clone used it's tentacles to grab Cody, but the dia wolf got in the way. The town's people who were watching began to cheer for Cody, thanks to his speech earlier.

Ozen who was at his office saw this live on television. He proudly smiled as he watched his nephew climb the massive behemoth. Stine who was with him was impressed. " According to my calculations, Ngwane will be in great hands in the future." Stine commented.

"The next generation is talented after all." Ozen stated.

Cody continued his hike up Kenya destroying everything in his path, with the help of Zack and Mamiki. The boy then jumped towards the core, he created a small, black sphere the size of his palm. "Extreme release: abyssal black hole!" Cody shouted before a leopard with some serpent features appeared.

The sphere collided with core, absorbing it instantly. The entire monster was sucked away leaving Cody and Kenya to plummet to their deaths. Like a hero the dia wolf managed to catch them. Zack covered everyone in a wind pocket, before crash landing.

Cody has finally developed his own extreme release. What do you think of it? What other possible power ups do you think Cody might get.

Fun fact: Cody's powers are based on dark matter, not just darkness.

If you liked it, please vote and comment. I am looking forward to hearing from you all😁