chapter 20 Black Panther

"W-Who are you?" Cody stood firm as he starred at the man in anger. The man starred at Cody with his black eyes. His grey hair flowed although wind wasn't present and the rest of his body was covered by darkness.

"I am Nathi the original Darkness user. Welcome to the ancestral plain kid." He replied calmly. Cody was still not satisfied with the response. He produced phantom claws on his hands preparing for an attack.

"You've disturbed my sleep all this time and that's all you have to say?"  Nathi shook his head in disagreement. He also sighed at his successor's naivety.

"That is a vision and it will become a reality at this rate. You barely scratched the surface of this power. To be honest all you abnormals haven't even tried." Nathi replied slightly annoyed.

"What do you mean? I've been training hard."

"That's not enough kid. For example, you tried to hit someone with a stick. This caused you to be incapacitated, leaving the girl to do everything. That poor human is not even an offensive fighter and you call that training?" Nathi asked as he approached Cody. "I have half a mind to smack you right now."

"What else am I supposed to do!?" Cody shouted as a tear flowed down his face and at that moment Nathi placed his hand on his shoulder. "Tell me." He continued as he started to cry.

"Do what your father told you to. 'Prove that you are the strongest'." The place started to shake at that moment. Nathi looked up and sighed deeply as the void cracked and light leaked in. He looked at Cody with his black eyes with a gentle smile.

"You are still far from being a Magi or clan leader at the least, but you'll get there someday. Our time is finished, but please remember one thing...Never hold back. The darkness attribute is about fully embracing who you are. Your grandfather understood that. Start with the basics again find your fighting style." Nathi stated as the rocky terrain faded into the light.

Cody clenched his fist as he got surrounded by the light. As he leaves his dream world he could hear Maya's struggle as she desperately protected him and Layla.

Start with the basics huh. Cody thought as he moved his finger. In the white void of his mind all he could think about was Tesla. The way he moved when he used his lightning claw kept on playing in his mind. I must embrace my attribute huh.

'Boom!' Cody heard as his eyes flickered. "I won't let you. Gelatin shield." He heard Maya shout before Thuba bounced off the barrier. As he turned his head, Cody noticed that he was lying on Layla's lap due to her face being directly above his. Tears fell from her face and landed on Cody's forehead.

"I said I'll protect you even if it means my life." Maya spoke as if replying to some one.

"Alot of people have died for me I can't allow more to join them." Layla told Maya as she raised her right hand. Cody noticed a portal open up little by little above her head. At that moment another bang was heard.

Just as Layla was about to fully open the portal a hand grabbed her wrist and closed the portal. "I won't let you do that princess. A kind hearted person like you who is willing to suffer so that others may prosper, is a valuable asset." Cody told the princess. Maya began to smile as she saw Cody rise from his slumber. "Sorry for making you do all the work Maya." Cody spoke while attempting to stand up.

"No problem we are magic knights after all." She replied with a smile on her face as she turned back to look at him. Cody stood up  and began to move towards Maya. The two  soon stood side by side and glared at their opponent.

"Maya would you create your gelatin trampolines. I've got a plan." Cody told Maya. Layla watched from the background as this boy put himself in danger for her. "Princess, I promise upon my name that I will defeat him."