Chapter 5.

Emani

After Jordan left with April I decided to leave the party. My first class was tomorrow at 7 and I needed my sleep. I went looking for them both to let them know that I was leaving plus April has the key to the dorm. When I got outside I saw what looked like a fight break out and April was nowhere in sight. Just my luck.

I went closer to the fight to realize it was Jordan and he was getting his ass whooped really bad. Pushing my way through the crowd, I kicked the guy in his face giving Jordan a chance to get up but he just went back to punching the dude. I tried grabbing him by his collar but he didn't give up. Thank God some dudes came and grabbed him and pulled him away. I followed them to make sure Jordan was okay.

"Get the fuck off me man!"

"Why the fuck you decide to go start a fight with Troy man? You tryna get thrown out of school?"

"Look man I'm not in the mood for no damn lecture right now, aight."

He spat some blood out his mouth and held his head. I went across the street while they argued to a bar and ask the bartender for some ice and a cold rag. No one even noticed me as I came back over and stood there waiting for them to shut up.

Jordan

"Can yall shut the fuck up for two minutes!"

"Who the fuck you think you talking to ain nobody ask you for no help, fuck outta here."

Mani ignored him and sat next to me. When she looked at me I could see how sad she looked watching my face which was probably pretty fucked up. As she started to clean my face up, Omari grabbed her shoulder and she fell over on the concrete hitting her head hard.

"What the fuck O, can't you see she tryna help me!"

"Why you always tryna save these hoes man."

"She is my friend dickhead. Cant say the same for you. You aite Mani?" I asked helping her up.

"Yh."

She was mugging Omari real hard he lucky I wasn't in the mood or I woulda fucked him up too. I don't know why people keep mistaking my kindness for weakness. Just because I don't speak much doesn't mean you could walk all over me, shit I got feelings too.

"Hey whatever man amma head back to the party."

“Yh fuck you too,”

"You need to get cleaned up."

She looked at me with so much concern. I missed that.

"Amma head on home, you coming?"

"I have to get up early tomorrow I have class at 7."

"Well lemme walk you to your dorm then."

"Wait I just remembered, I forgot my keys and I can't find my roommate anywhere."

"Well then you could crash at my place tonight."

"Jordan."

"Am not hearing it Emani I'm not leaving you out here so come on let's go"

"Ok."

"Good."

I smiled and put my arms around her shoulder and we walk to my car. We drove to my apartment complex in silence which is unusual as the Emani I remembered was chatty as hell.

Looking at her face I can tell a lot of things are on her mind and bothering her. I will get them out of her one way or the other.