Chapter 47

Jordan

I was getting ready for our night out and as usual, I was dressed and she wasn't out the shower yet. I was in the living room flicking through channels when the phone my rung. My mom was facetiming me.

"Hey mom, what my baby up to? "

"She just went to sleep."

She showed me Mari fast asleep on her chest. God I missed her.

"Your dressed, where are you going?"

"Out to dinner. We didnt feel like cooking a big dinner."

"So i'm guessing you and Mani made up? "

"Not exactly..."

"Jordan, Jordan when will you learn that sex solves nothing. And you trying to teach her a lesson using sex won't make you feel any better either. "

" How'd you.. "

" Like it or not you are your father's son Jordan and I know how you can be when you're angry. You and Emani need to have a heart to heart and think about where this relationship is headed. Remember you have a daughter Jordan who doesn't deserve to be in the middle of your bullshit. Last time I'm telling you to fix this or move on."

"You say that like it's the easiest thing in the world."

"Never said it was sweetheart. I'll let you go now, enjoy your dinner. "

"Bye ma."

"Goodnight baby."

I layed back on the couch letting what my mom said soak in. She has a point. I closed my eyes and tried to stop thinking about it too much.

" Okay I'm ready."

"Bout time a nigga hungry as... Fuck."

When I got up off the couch and turned to face Mani, all thoughts of food went out the window right then and there. I was feigning to take her on the spot. She was wearing a skin tight, lace, strapless black dress that went all the way to the floor. When she walked towards me I could see a split in the dress going all the way up to her hip. Her breast were fully exposed as well as everything else as I could see straight through the lace.

"Earth to Jordan let's go."

All I could think about was fucking her on the spot. As she went through the door, all I could think was lord give me strength.

When we got to the car, I opened her door for her then jogged around to the driver seat. The drive was silent until I started to engage her in conversation.

"You okay? Your quite."

"I guess, I'm just thinking that's all. "

She was gave me a weak smile so I knew she was lying. I decided not to push her until we sat down to eat. I pulled up to the restaurant and handed the valet the key before I helped Mani out the car.

" You let him park your lambo. "

"It's his job to park expensive cars as you can see by looking around at the people pulling up."

"Whatever."

I could tell she felt some type of way so I apologized and kissed the top of her head. We were greeted at the door and showed to our table which was very secluded. The lights were dimmed and the mood was mellow. As Mani slid in the booth, I spoke to our waiter about what I wanted to order.

"What was that about. "

" I was ordering our food. "

I got in the booth and sat close to her.
" What's on your mind Emani, no more lies."

" I'm terrified honestly," she said while looking at the table cloth.

"Of what?"

"I feel like I'm losing you Jordan and I can't help but feel helpless. You do so much for me without me asking aint you tired? You put up with my shit for so long and last night proved my point that you've had enough. "

"Emani, I love you. Period. Aint no if nor but about it. Everybody got problems, especially more than we do. No one is to blame for happened. We simply started to drift apart but for reasons beyond our control. I have told you time and time again, you have all the control in this relationship. Whatever you say goes. We go at your pace. That's why I give you your space, to see if you really have what it takes to go on but you giving up in me E. Do you want to be with me?"

She continued staring at the table.

"Baby look at me," I held her chin and brought her face to mine. "Do you want to be with me?"

"Ever since I could remember that's all I ever wanted, to be with you. Now I don't know if it's the right thing to do."

"What exactly are you trying to tell me? Do you want to break up?"

"Not break up just spend some time apart. It's not healthy for us to live the way we do right now Jordan. "

I knew this was coming and I wished I was better prepared for it. I took my keys out of my pocket and placed them on the table and got up out the booth.

" Jordan wh... "

" You want your space so I'm giving it to you. Take the car home when you're ready to leave."

I walked out of the restaurant with nothing but heartbreak.