Chapter 41

Emani

Ever since what happened with Alex yesterday, I have been ignoring her text and her phone calls. Not to mention, Jordan has been more distant than usual. I decided to put Alex in the back of my mind and focus on Jordan. It was Saturday and he usually takes Mari out for a stroll around this time so I decided to join. As I was about to put my shoes on, he walked in the bedroom.

"Where you going?"

"Out with you and Mari."

"She's asleep so Imma just watch TV for a while, probably sleep too."

He laid on the bed and switched the TV on and started to flick through the channels. I put my shoes away and went to join him in bed. As I laid my head on Jordan's chest my phone rung; it was Alex. I sent it straight to voicemail and turnt my attention to the TV. 

"Who was that?"

"Nobody important."

It rang again but this time I put it on silent. 

"Why are you ignoring Alex?"

"No reason."

"Has to be looks like she been blowing yo phone up all day."

"Can we not talk about her right now."

"What ever."

"Why are you so mad all of a sudden? Ever since you came home yesterday afternoon you have been acting like a bitch."

"I'm acting like a bitch?! You're fucking hilarious."

He switched off the TV and left the room. Usually I would leave him alone but I really wanna know what's bugging him so I followed him.

"What is your problem?"

"I don't have one, do you?"

"Yes I do actually I would like to go to bed and cuddle with my boyfriend but obviously he's got issues."

"I've got issues! Wow Mani you know what," he starts to clap. "You the real MVP ma I can't take that from you."

"Okay Jordan. I'm sorry okay. I just had a baby and  I just went back to school so I haven't been putting much time and effort into our relationship. I'll own up to that, but you don't need to act out we could've talked about it."

"I don't need to act. I'm not the one acting out, you are."

"How?!"

"Don't play dumb Mani," he sat down on the couch and placed his head in his arms. "Imma give you one chance to come clean Mani, after that I'm done."

"Jordan I'm not playing and you're fucking starting to piss me off so how about you stop playing. Let's just be honest, let's just be real."

"I'm talking about you and fucking Alex Emani! How long have yall been fucking!"

Jordan

Mani looked like she saw a ghost as she stood there looking at me.

"So you not gonna answer? I can call her right now bet she would be happy to tell me after all she feels she could treat you better than me huh."

"Jordan, just listen..."

"I think I heard enough when I walked in on yo ass yesterday getting your pussy eaten out."

I walked back into the bedroom and she ran in after me.

"Jordan baby you have it wrong. It wasn't what you think..."

"So your trying to tell me she didn't eat you out?"

"I'm not ..."

"Mani. Don't fucking lie to me I saw everything, I heard EVERYTHING. So don't try to stand there and tell me I have it wrong."

"Then you heard me tell her I don't need her to make me feel good."

"But she did and you let her Mani. You fucking let her in our fucking bed," I moved closer to her so we were now face to face. "The worst thing about it was I know you enjoyed it. Every touch, every kiss. Having no regrets after."

She started crying but I didn't care right now I was too hurt to care about her feelings. I grabbed my wallet and keys off the bedside table and left the room.

"Jordan, please don't leave."

"You know the fucked up thing is Mani I gave you your space because I figured when you were ready you would let me know. Now I know."

I walked straight out the door without looking at her. Most men wouldn't have given two fucks if their girl cheated on them with another girl but Mani wasn't just some girl. That shit cut real deep and I'm definitely going to be hurting.

Emani

I stood there for what seemed like forever after Jordan left. The look on his face made me realize how bad I fucked up. Wrapped up in my thoughts, I didn't even realize Mari was up.  I walked into the nursery and took her out her crib. She looked up at me with her big brown eyes as I sat in the rocking chair. The more I looked at her, the more I see Jordan which made me feel worst. I not only betrayed Jordan but Mari as well. I broke down with Mari in my arms.  After couple of minutes I got a grip. I changed and fed Mari then took her to the bedroom. She drifted back to sleep and I followed suit not too long after.

                                      ************************************

When I woke up Mari wasn't by my side which meant Jordan came back home. I got up in search of them both. As soon as I was about to open the bedroom door, Jordan stepped out of the bathroom. He wouldn't even look at me or acknowledge my presence. He walked over to his drawers and pulled out a sweatpants and a plain white t-shirt put them on before leaving the room. Once again I followed.

"Jordan can we talk."

"No."

He took the spare pillow and blankets out of the hall closet and walked back to the living room. Was Jordan really about to sleep on the couch?

"Why are.."

"Look Emani right now I just wanna sleep. It's either on this couch or a hotel and we both know if I leave I'm taking Mari with me. Leave me the fuck alone before I change my mind."

He turned the lights out leaving me standing alone in the dark crying.