Chapter 49.

Jordan

It's been 2 weeks since Emani and I went on break and shit just ain't the same. She was planning on moving out next month after she comes back from Atlanta. That was going to be hard as I wouldn't be able to see Mari whenever I wanted to. I was brought out of my thoughts by a lady tapping me on my shoulder.

"Mr. Lamar, Mr. Hopkins will see you now. "

I was at one of the biggest architectural firms in New York for an interview. A couple of  days ago, I got a call from them as they were interested in my work. The company is trying to expand their business in another state I just don't know which one yet. They had seen some of my work and wanted me to be apart of their interior design team. I told them I would think about it but they were serious and wanted to move fast.

"Mr. Lamar how are you? Did you make it here okay?"

"Yes sir, and I must say I'm a huge fan of your work."

"Why thank you. Shall get to it then? I never beat around the bush so I'll just come out and say it. We want you to head our department for interior design. You get a company car of your choice, full health benefits and a house here in Atlanta but we must have an answer no later than Friday."

"That's an offer I can't refuse sir but I have a daughter in New York I have to think about. "

" Like I said Mr. Lamar, Friday. After that we will select some one else."

"Well thank you for your time will give you an answer on Friday."

I left the office and headed back home with a lot on my mind.  I decided not to stress about it until I spoke to Mani which will have to be soon. When I got home the first thing I did was look for Kamari. She wasn't in her room so I guess she was in the bedroom. When I opened the door no one was inside the room but I was hearing sounds coming from the bathroom. I took off my shoes and jacket and placed them by the closet before proceeding to the bathroom. Soon as I opened the door the entire room was steamy from the shower.

"Mani?"

I didn't get a response so I pulled back the shower curtain. She was standing under the shower just staring off.

"Emani are you... "

"Shit J! When you get home?"

"Uh juu-sst now, " I answered rubbing the back of my neck awkardly as I watched her step out the shower.

"Where's Kamari?"

"Your mom picked her up since we'll be busy this weekend."

"Oh."

I practically ran out of the bathroom, I ain't seen her naked in a while and a nigga was feinding. I took the rest of my clothes off and sat down on the bed waiting for Mani.

"You okay Jordan?" she asked before dropping her towel on the floor.

Something is up, she ain't this bold.

"Jordan?! "

"Huh,  I'm sorry what did you say?"

"I asked what you so deep in thought about. "

"Oh," I couldn't help but stare as she lotioned her legs. Snap out of it Jordan.

"I got a job offer today and I have to decide by Friday. It's for an architectural firm based here in New York but they want me in Atlanta."

"That's a tough one, what are you going to do?" she asked as she dat next to me.

"Honestly E,  I don't know. I mean I get a house,  a car and full health benefits and every thing.  At the end of the day I don't wanna leave you and Mari."

"You know we'll be fine babe just take the job. How many people can say they have such opportunities before graduation? And if your worried about not seeing Mari then... we will work it and find a way."

"I don't want to have to work it out. I want... "

" What you want won't happen Jordan so think about what I said. "

With that she got up and finished dressing then left. I decided to call my mom to figure this out. Staight voicemail. Fuck my life right about now.

Emani

Today was the Christmas showcase and I was very excited. I pulled up to the school's massive auditorium an hour before it was to commence. This would push me over the top with my dance and music. Producers and industry moguls are suppose to show up but we all know how that goes. I made my way inside the auditorium to the performers section.

" Hey Ali, your flowers are beautiful."

"Thanks Emani but they're nothing compared to yours."

"Mine?!"

I went over to my station to find the most beautiful arrangements but no card or note. Who are they from, can't be Jordan.

"Did you see who left them here?"

"Nope, read the card."

"Didn't see one."

"Don't freak E, it's probably from Jordan."

I couldn't shake the feeling that she's wrong but I guess I'll ask him later. It was soon time to put my costume on and get ready to perform so I stopped stressing and got ready. After I got ready, the other performers were trickling in as the show was about to start. Jordan came in with about six different outfits. Apart from doing his own performance, he features in most of tonight's acts.

"Nice flowers."

"Wish I knew who sent them, now I know it wasn't you kind of creeped out."

"Didn't it come with a card?" he asked searching outside and inside the flowers.

"I searched your not going to find anything."

To my surprise he found a card deep between the stems of the flowers. I was trying to read the look on his face but couldn't make it out.

"Jordan, what does it say? Who is from?"

"Trust me, forget about this okay. Don't argue with me Don't ask about this again understand?"

"But Jor.."

He walked off with the flowers and dumped them in the garbage but put the card in his pocket. What secret is Jordan keeping from me?