Chapter 43

Emani

I am dead ass scared right now. When we came upstairs Jordan just grabbed his stuff and left without saying a word. I have no idea what's going through his mind or if he really wants to fix this. I broke up with him when he cheated on me with Zee but at least I had the courage to talk about which direction I want the relationship to go. I decided to try and relax today and stop focusing on Jordan and focus on me. Maybe then I can find the real problem.Grabbing my purse and phone, I headed out the apartment. 

When I got Uptown, I walked the streets until I came across a small boutique that caught my eye so I decided to check it out. I walked in and started looking around. After I found some cute pieces, I paid the cashier. I turned around to leave but bumped into someone on the way out causing me to fall hard on my ass.

"I'm sorry I wasn't looking."

"It's cool."

When I heard that voice I froze.  That voice has been haunting me for years; it was Tyson. The one person I thought I would never see again. He put his hand out to help me up but I couldn't move, couldn't breathe, couldn't think. I felt him pick me up and steady me on my feet  but I was still in shock and starting to panic. 

"How long has it been Emani."

"Wh-hh-at."

"You okay?"

I bolted from the store and ran as fast as my legs could carry me. People kept looking at me like I was crazy but I didn't care. All I wanted was to put some distance between me and Tyson. Soon as I banked the corner I ran in to someone else.

"The fuck wrong with you?!"

"I'm sorry."

As I struggled to get up, I realized the person I knocked over was Jordan.

"Why the fuck you running in the streets Mani."

I turned around as I felt someone pull my arm.

"Damn Mani You ain't hear me calling you?! You forgot your change."

"Touch her again, and I'll fuck you up."

Jordan was now face to face with Tyson and he was livid.

"Chill man."

Tyson looked at Jordan confused as to why he was now coming at him so hard.

"Look aite all I came to do..."

"Ion give a fuck what you came to do nigga keep it pushing and stay away from Mani."

"Mani, you going b..."

Jordan shoved him hard attracting more attention to us.

"Was I stuttering nigga."

"Jordan just let it go and let's go."

He pulled the money out of Tyson's hand and walked over to where I was.

"You okay? Did he hurt you?"

"He didn't, I-I just panicked that's all."

"Let's go."

He led me across the street to a bistro. We found a seat and he went and ordered something for us to eat. He came over to the booth and sat across from me. I was still shaking from my encounter with Tyson. He didn't do anything to me but when some one has physically hurt you more than once, it fucks you up on all levels. I'm sure the nightmares will start again and I'm definitely scared.

Jordan 

Looking at Emani I could tell she was having flashbacks of what happened between her and that nigga. The only reason I didn't beat his ass on the spot was because the cops were looking and I can't afford to go to jail on another bullshit charge. She was now staring out the window looking lost and afraid shaking.

"Emani, are you sure you're okay?"  

"I don't know. "

"You want me to take you home?"

"Ye-ess."

I picked up the order and took Mani home. The drive was silent, not awkward like the past couple days. My mom was right, I let this go on for way to long. Just looking over at her now, I don't know why I was so vindictive. Pulling up to the apartment, I shut the car down but didn't get out. I haven't forgiven her for what she did but I made a promise to protect Mani and I won't go back on it.

"You wanna talk.'

"You haven't spoken to me in weeks Jordan, why now?" she glared at me.

"Mani, Don't..."

"Don't what Jordan? I have been begging you to talk I never asked you to forgive me but at least I would like to know where I stood in this relationship."

Before I could reply, she stormed out of the car and up to the apartment. I exited the car and decided to take my time going up. I was already pissed off and I didn't wanna start shit with Mani his early. When I got to the apartment door I heard yelling.

"Get the fuck out."

"Mani why are you being such a bitch?!"

"Cause you ruined my fucking relationship! You're the reason I could possibly not see my daughter again and the reason I could lose Jordan for good."

"I never wanted you to lose your daughter just Jordan. I was serious when I said I loved you and wanted to be with you why can't you just love me back?"

"Because I don't want you!"

"And Jordan don't want you so stop fighting me on this."

I had enough so I slammed the door to let them know I was there. They both turned around.

"What gives you the idea that I don't want Mani?"

Alex was already in tears. Was she really crying over Mani? I knew this bitch was crazy from the jump. Mani just looked pissed as hell.

"You've been ignoring her ever since I've been coming around and you're taking advantage of a good thing."

I laughed out loud. This chick was crazy. I stepped up to her so no space was between us.

"If you think I'm letting Mani go for just one second, you got another thing coming. I suggest you get yo ass up out my crib and don't come here no more."

She looked over at Mani for back up but she was no longer in the room. She walked out the apartment making sure to slam the door behind her. I went over and locked the door then headed to the bedroom to find Mani. This shit was going to end today.