Chapter 26.

Jordan

"Oh fuck."

The sight of Mani sobered me up real quick. Next thing I knew I was throwing up all over the floor.

"Why are you still here get the fuck out!"

"Excuse you, who the fuck do you think you're talking to Emani."

"Don't fuck with me Zee, either leave or get thrown the fuck out."

She walked over to the couch and grabbed her dress planting a sloppy kiss on my lips at the same time. Next thing I knew Mani grabbed hold of her hair and dragged her to the door. Shutting the door she locked it then turned around to face me.

"You are unbelievable you know that."

I never heard anything after that as I passed out.

Emani

I can't believe that Jordan would do this to me after everything we've been through. As I stood there looking at him I got angry and started shaking. I went to my room to put some clothes on and pack a bag, I was leaving. At least this time I have an excuse to walk away.

When I was finished, I exited the room and went to leave the apartment. I looked at him one last time then left. I took a cab to the bus station where bought a bus ticket. I was going back to Atlanta.

The Next Day...

"Mani sweetie do you plan and getting out of bed any time soon?"

My grandmother was sitting on my bed trying to coax me to eat something. I arrived just around lunch and ate nothing.

"I'm more tired than hungry."

"You need to eat. I'll let you sleep once I know you've eaten."

"Fine, I'll eat."

I rolled out of bed and we made our way downstairs to the kitchen. She placed a plate of food in front of me and handed me a fork.

"So, care to tell me why you're here a week early."

"No."

"Emani honey, you know if you don't tell me I will keep pestering you until you do so come on tell me."

"Jordan and I got into a pretty nasty fight last night. He left, then came back home with one of the school's biggest skanks, Zee Carter." I said stabbing the chicken as I imagined it to be Zee's face.

"Oh Emani, I'm so sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry for grandma, it is what it is now."

She came around the counter and gave me a hug. I broke down immediately. All the pain I felt came rushing back making me cry even harder. Jordan was suppose to be the good out of all shitty things in my life. Now I know he's just like them other fuck niggas out there. Just took me going through this to figure it out.

Jordan

I woke up to bright lights in my face and a rancid smell. I fought to get up but my head felt like someone was punching me repeatedly. Definitely hungover. Sitting up, I tried getting my bearings. Vomit was all over my clothes and floor which explains the smell but what I don't get is why my dick was hanging out. How the fuck did I even get home?

I got up and made my way to the bathroom to get my self cleaned up. Stepping into the shower, I tried to remember last night's events as I let the hot water cascade over my body. I continued drawing a blank as I racked my brain. Maybe if I stopped thinking then something will come to me. After my shower, I brushed my teeth and took a pain killer for the headache. I threw on some shorts and a plain white tee and went to clean up outside. While cleaning up the vomit it hit me, where's Emani?

Taking my phone out, I noticed it was dead so I plugged it up to the charger. I finished cleaning up and decided to check my phone. There were 3 missed calls from my mom and 2 unread text messages. Checking my inbox first, none of the text were from Mani but one was from an unknown number.

Unknown: Had a good time last night. Let's do it again sometime- Zee

What the fuck did I do last night? More important, where the fuck is Mani? Just as I was about to call her my phone began ringing.

"Hey mom."

"Jordan where have you been I have been calling both you and Emani all day."

"To tell you the truth mom, I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know? Jordan what did you do?"

"From what I'm gathering something bad."

“Jordan Michael Lamar, explain yourself. ”

I sighed and scratched my head.

“I would if I could remember. I got piss drunk last night. Just woke up in my own vomit with my boxers pulled down. Emani not here so I'm guessing I brought some random home. ”

“Jordan, why would you do that what could possibly make you want to go out and drink like that?”

“Finding out everything mom. So you finish the story of how April is the reason you and dad got a divorce since everybody but me seems to already know.”

The line went silent.