Chapter 11.

Emani

It's been two weeks since I've divulged one of the deepest secrets of my past to Jordan. Surprisingly it's not weird between us, it feels like we reverted into our old ways like nothing's changed. I was laying in my bed doing my home-work for Visual Art class when my phone vibrated.

Jordan: Can I come over am bored

Me: I'm doing home work.

Jordan: I can help you.

Me: I doubt it. Ain yo suspension up yet?

Jordan: Not til Monday.

Jordan got suspended for the fight and had to see the counsellor two times a week. Just as I was finishing up my home-work, my phone rang.

"Yes Jordan."

"Don't you hear me buzzing, let me up it's cold down here."

"Urgh, fine I'm coming."

I hung up and got up outta bed to go let him up. Next thing I knew he was already knocking on the door.

"You took too long someone buzzed me in."

"You're impatient that's why,”

"Where April's dumbass. She not here right?"

"No her class don't get out til 7."

"Good I'll be gone by then."

He always got angry when we talked about April so I don't know why he always talks about her. Come to think of it, he never comes over either since he found out she was my roommate. Guess he got over it and moved on cause she sure as hell did.

"Do you want back your spare key?"

"Uh yes, especially now your here I can check on you whenever I want."

He gave me a big cheesy grin which made me bust out laughing. When we calmed down, we sat on my bed and played Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

"I'm hungry."

"Me too, wanna order a pizza?"

"Nah let's go out I ain tryna be here when April arrives."

I looked at my watch and saw it was 6:30. As much as I wanted to stay in Jordan was right, it could get ugly when April comes home especially when she brings one of her many boyfriends home.

"Well let me shower real quick and we can go okay."

"Don't take too long Mani a nigga hungry af."

I laughed as he rubbed his stomach and flopped back on the bed. I went to the dresser and took out a black lace bra with matching panties along with some ripped shorts then went into the bathroom to shower. Five minutes later, I came out the shower and dried off my body then took up my favorite Bath & Body Works lotion. After putting my on my panties and bra I looked around for my shirt but froze as I realized immediately I forgot it.

Wrapping my towel around me, I exited the bathroom trying not to be noticed. I walked over to the closet and took down a black fitted hoodie. While stretching for it, my towel fell off revealing my half naked body. I'm very self conscious about my body especially since that awful day 2 years ago.

I pulled it over my head hastily while making my way back to the bathroom. When I thought I was in the clear, Jordan came up behind me.

"Where did you get that scar?"

I continued to fix my hair while ignoring him. When I was finished I walked pass him and sat down on my bed to put my all black converse on.

"The fuck Mani you gonna just ignore me like who the fuck was I talking to."

"Look okay, Jordan now is not the time to explain okay. I promise you when I feel like the time is right I will tell you for now just let it be."

At that moment April burst into the room. Her face dropped and her body froze as she saw Jordan standing over me. When he looked up he just glared at her and left the room.

"I just wanted to let you know I was home."

"Well we're leaving to get something to eat you want anything?"

"No, I'm fine."

"Okay, I'll be back in an hour or so."

April

It was weird seeing Jordan with Emani I mean they just met. But who am I to judge when I've fucked niggas I just met within the hour. As they left the apartment I went to my room to take a shower. I got undressed then searched the cabinet for a fresh shower cap. My hand knocked over a box of tampons then after a moment I froze. My period was 4 weeks late.

"Fuck!"