Chapter 9.

Jordan

I could sense some discomfort from Emani. Something bad happened when I left and amma find out what it is just not tonight.

"It's okay you know Mani if you don't want to tell me just know I'm here when you wanna talk aite."

"Okay, thanks a lot Jordan."

She looked at me with so much pain and hurt in her eyes. Part of me feels like what ever happened was my fault. Mani and I were like best friends growing up, we always had each others back no matter what. Somehow I have this paining feeling that if I was around she wouldn't have been carrying all this baggage around like she does now.

"Come on, I'll get you one of my shirts so you can change and we can go to sleep."

"I'll be fine on the couch really."

"Don't start that shit Mani, you act like we strangers or something," she looked down at the floor.

"Look, am not gonna touch you. I have a king sized bed so you get yo side and I have mine. Fair enough?"

"Good."

I locked the door and turned out the lights while Mani went into the bathroom to change. As I looked through my drawers I thought about how much Mani has changed. We been sleeping in the same bed up until the summer I left Atlanta and that was high school.

Emani

If there is anybody that knows me it's Jordan. So I know I don't have enough time before he figures me out. Looking in the bathroom mirror I no longer recognize myself. Life gave up on me years ago. As I took my clothes off I looked at my body in the mirror. I lost weight, my curves are barely noticeable and then there's that scar just below my abdomen. I rubbed my stomach sub consciously while my tears began to fall.

Suddenly,  there was a knock at the door.

"You alright Mani, you been in there a while."

"Yh I'm fine. I'll be out soon."

I washed my face and put the shirt on which barely covered what little ass I have. Neatly folding my clothes, I placed them on the counter top and placed my shoes by the door before exiting the bathroom.

Jordan was already snoring from his side of the bed. That was quick. Guess some things never really change. I laid down and pulled the covers over me saying a silent prayer before I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

Next Morning...

"Emani calm down and wake up! You're safe. Mani wake up."

I woke up to Jordan screaming my name and shaking me awake. My entire body was drenched in sweat. When my eyes came into focus I saw the fear in Jordan's eyes.

"Why were you calling Tyson's name in your sleep? Better yet, why would you be screaming at him to stop?"

Shit. The time for explaining came sooner than I thought. Was Jordan ready to hear my dirty truth?

“Let it go Jordan,”

I scrambled to get out of bed but was met by strong hands and piercing eyed.

“I won't leave you a second time. Just tell me the truth,”