Chapter 24.

Jordan

Mani woke me up the next morning for round two which was even better than last night. While she showered I ran to the corner store to pick up condoms and a morning after pill. If we kept fucking raw then it was going to be a problem that neither of us are ready for. When I got back to the apartment, I realize a purse on the couch. I walked slowly to the bedroom recognizing the voice immediately. It was April.

"Look Emani I'm just trying to keep Jordan safe."

"You don't care about Jordan you just don't want him to find out about what you did. Yea I know all about that, your pussy track record is unbelievable."

Convinced that I've heard enough, I walked into the room making them both fall silent.

"What is it you two don't want me knowing about exactly?"

They both looked at each other and Mani walked off.

"This really is none my business I'm leaving."

I stopped her just as she tried to get past me.

"We promised not to keep stuff from each other Mani. You over here keeping secrets for April?"

"I'm keeping secrets for no one okay. Your mom told me something and she said when she was ready she would let you know. It was never my place to say. Sorry Jordan."

I let her go and she kissed me on my cheek looking at me with sad eyes.

"Start talking April."

April

I was practically shaking now. Jordan doesn't get mad very often but when he does it doesn't end well.

"You might want to sit down."

"Nah, I'm good."

"Okay Jordan just know that I didn't know that..."

"Spit it out April I really don't have time for this."

"Five years ago I got pregnant for this guy and we had a daughter named Averie."

"Okay your a hoe that's established now what the fuck does that have to do with me."

"That guy was your dad Jordan. Averie's your sister."

He stood there laughing and shaking his head. Then in one swift motion he was in my face. He looked like he was about to beat the shit out of me.

"Get. The. Fuck. Out."

He didn't have to tell me twice. I practically sprinted out of there tripping over my own feet.

Jordan

I sat on the bed with my head in my hands. Unable to fully process what I just heard. How did my life get so fucked up? I felt hands wrap around my torso indicating Emani's return.

"So you knew about all this the whole time huh?

"I'm sorry Jordan, your mom just told me that she is the reason for the divorce that's about it."

"So you didn't know about my new little sister?"

"Say what? Ok I swear to you I didn't know that. What the fuck!"

I took her arms from around me and got up to go to the kitchen. She followed me out of the room. I had my back to her as I looked for something to drink in the refrigerator.

"Jordan baby don't do anything stupid okay I know you are upset and I would be too but right now I just want you to calm down. Remember you are on probation. I would leave you alone too if that helps, just cool off."

I turned around and looked at her. Grabbing her by he hips, I picked her up and placed her on the counter.

"I don't want you to leave baby I'm not mad at you okay. Right now I want to get a drink then go back to bed"

I planted a soft kiss on her lips and she wrapped her arms around my neck. We stayed like this until a phone started ringing.

"That's not my ringtone. Did you change yours?"

"No."

I followed the sound over to the couch where April's purse was. Pulling out the phone I saw it was my dad calling.

"Your lil hoe ran out and forgot her purse."

"Jordan? Why haven't you returned any of my calls?"

"Cause I don't want to talk to you let alone sit and have dinner with your slut and her bastard child."

"You watch your mouth..."

"What ever fuck off now."

I hung up and put the phone back in the purse. As if on queue April appeared in the doorway. I flung her purse at her and walked to my room locking my door. Putting my headphones in, I turned my music all the way up drowning out any outside noise.

I'm so done with this bullshit I swear.