Chapter 17.

Emani

My brain stopped functioning after that last bit of information. April was the reason for Heather's divorce. I know they were having problems in their marriage but damn, life just got fucked up for Jordan.

"Go up and get your stuff. If your not back in 10 minutes I'm coming up."

"Ok."

I ran up the stairs and took my key out to open the door but when I got to the door it was already opened. I walked inside cautiously as I know the kind of shady people April brings to the apartment. Peering around the corner, I walked briskly to my room. As I closed the door I heard a loud thud emanating from April's room.

I paused. There was silence at first then I heard the door slam. I took down my suitcases and packed as fast as I could making sure not to leave anything behind. Hauling them out into the living room, I place them by the door and doubled back for my toiletries.

"Emani, are you moving out?"

"Just for a couple weeks until Jordan gets better."

"Oh, tell him I said hi."

She looked sick and strung out like she was on crack. I wanted to ask her what's wrong but it's not my circus, it's not my monkey. I hauled my bags down the stairs and made my way through the double doors towards the parking lot.

"Finally, I thought I was gonna have to come up there."

I put my suitcases on the back seat and got into the front seat.

"Sorry, let's go."

Jordan

While I was waiting on my mom and Emani to come back, I called up my nigga Austin who lived across the hall. One minute later I heard a knock on the door.

"It's open."

"Aye what the fuck happened man I ain heard from you in days."

"I got shot man. Almost didn't make it too."

"Damn. Do you know who did it?"

"The funny thing is I actually have no damn idea who shot me man. I have no enemies or so I thought. I'm good with everybody and everybody loves me I mean who wouldn't."

"Man you a hot fucking mess."

"I ain even sweating it man. So how the mixtape coming along?"

"I don't know man it's missing something I just don't know what yet."

"Alright hit me with something."

"Let me get my Macbook real quick."

He got up and ran out the door almost knocking down Mani in the process.

"Oh my bad lil mama," he licked his lips and gave her the look he had reserved for picking up women.

"It's cool."

The fuck just happened. Was Mani actually blushing? I know these motherfuckers weren't flirting right in front of me.

"Are you getting the Macbook or nah?" I asked interrupting their moment.

Mani walked pass me with her suitcases and walked to the guest room while Austin went next door.

"Sounds to me like someone's jealous."

"Nah I know how he is with women I don't want Mani getting hurt."

"Right. Anyway I'm leaving now I'll call you when I land. I love you baby."

She came over and gave me a hug and a kiss on the forehead.

"I love you too mama."

She held my face and looked me dead in the face.

"It's okay to want her Jordan. Just don't let her slip away again."

"Pssh ma it ain't even like that. Besides, even if I told her how I felt it wouldn't matter."

I looked down at my hands in my lap and started playing with my iPhone. She placed a finger under my chin so that I would look up at her.

"She feels the same way don't ask me how I know just know that she does. Won't hurt to try right."

She gave me another kiss on the forehead before leaving the apartment.

I threw my head back and closed my eyes. I don't want to mess up me and Mani's friendship especially since we just patched things up. I was so deep in thought I didn't realize Austin came back.

"I left for two minutes and you already fell asleep nigga."

"Nah I was just thinking."

"Yh whatever man. Anyway check this."

He dropped the beat and I was really feeling it. Next thing you know I started free styling.

"We poppin' like ayo
All my bitches got real hair chilling with the top down
Screaming like ayo
I'mma take her ass down when she bring her friend around
Fuck 'em both like ayo
I'm a bougie ass nigga left the roof at home
We popping like ayo, ayo, ayo
But don't be acting like I need you."

"Ahhh! Aye babe this my new shit
I'm the black Richie Rich with the roof missing
If it don't make dollars it don't make sense
Z, wake up like I gotta get it
And I got an engine full of trunk space
I get money three ways, fucking bitches three ways
7 different foreigns plus she's no hablé
But I make that bitch walk with some cheesecake
Yeah, I'm the coldest nigga, icy
Lookin in the mirror like I wish I can be me
She too into me, I'm more into money
My hobby's her body, that pussy's my lobby
I'mma eat it, I'mma eat it
I won't lie, hope my dick's too conceited
Uh, told her she's my wife for the weekend
But don't be acting like I need you cause we poppin' like."

"Damn that sounds dope as fuck."

I turned around to find Mani walking over to the couch. She changed her clothes and was now wearing a crop top and varsity shorts. Austin looked at her body with greedy eyes. I got angry real fast. Over the past couple weeks Mani has put on some weight in all the right places so her body looked even better than it was before.

"You liked that huh."

"Yh, I mean I ain't heard Jordan sing in years, it was nice."

Unable to take anymore of the flirting I got up and left.

"Where are you going nigga we just started."

"Meds making me drowsy so amma crash."

The pain killers the doctor gave me weren't the drowsy kind but I had to lie to get out of there. I couldn't take my clothes off by myself so I just laid down mindful of my injuries and tried to sleep.

Living with Emani is going to be interesting.