Chapter 7.

Jordan

"Ouch, can you be gentle shit!"

"It's just peroxide man stop being a lil pussy."

Emani was cleaning up my face which looked pretty fucked up. He got some good hits in I won't lie, but he won't be so lucky the next time I see his ass.

"Why were you fighting anyway?"

"Long story."

"Long night."

I smiled, I forgot how much of a smart ass she was. She looked at me with a sad expression waiting for me to explain as she placed a plaster above my left eyebrow.

"Ok. So earlier today I went to my girl's dorm to find her sitting on that nigga's face and now she tryna tell me they they been together for two years. The real fucked up part is April didn't seem to care. She played the shit outta me for a whole year and everybody be telling me she a hoe but I guess I didn't want to believe it."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"Me too."

I don't believe in disrespecting women that's one thing I learnt growing up seeing my dad sleep around on my mom. Commitments are something I take real serious so for April to diss me knowing my up bringing, was basically her way of spitting in my face.

Emani returned breaking me out of my thoughts.

"So what you been up to since I left. You seem timid now and the Mani I remembered was the life of the party all up in everybody face and shit. What changed?"

Emani

When he looked at me I couldn't help but turn away. I can't let Jordan know what happened to me, at least not so soon anyway. It's true, I was more of a social butterfly back in the day hanging with cheerleaders one minute chem nerds the next. I was friends with everybody but ever since spring fling my sophomore year things changed.

That was when my parents started hating me and even worse, when I started to hate myself. Growing up was easier when Jordan was around. Only God knows why he took him away from me so soon.

Jordan and I were inseparable. Its like we were twins. We did everything together from dusk til dawn if we had too. I missed those days the most. Everything happens for a reason. Guess I had a lesson to learn in order to open my eyes and see how cruel life can be.

Lesson learned.