Chapter 15.

Jordan

The last thing I remembered was Mani telling me not to leave her again. I fought hard to respond but my body was failing me and before I knew it everything went black. I opened my eyes two hours after I had surgery.

The doctor informed me of what had happened and the steps that had to be taken to help me recover. He told me I was lucky to be alive and that the police would come by later to get a statement from me. I fell asleep until I heard a familiar voice having a conversation with another familiar voice.

"Thank God he's all right. I don't know what I would have done if I lost my only son."

"I feel the same way."

"I always loved seeing you two together. The way he always wanted to protect you. Remember when you climbed that big oak tree and couldn't get down?"

"Yh I was so scared until Jordan came. He told me to jump an he would catch me but I only ended up breaking his arm."

They both laughed as they reminisced about old times. If only things didn't change so abruptly then Emani wouldn't know how cruel life could be. I always shielded her from the bad things in life and when I left it's like the sheet fell from over her eyes.

"I just wish he would wake up though."

"In due time Emani dear, I'm just glad he's okay and still with us."

"Me too."

That was the last thing I heard before I drifted off to sleep.

April

After getting my results from that nurse I was ready to go. I went in search of Emani and found her coming out of a room with another lady. As I approached them I realized that she looked just like Jordan. They looked like they were old friends.

"Ready to go April."

"Yh."

"Where's my manners, Heather this is April, April this is Heather Jordan's mom."

"Nice to meet you." I said extending my arm towards her.

Next thing I knew she was coming at me and slapped me hard across my face.

"That's for my family you bitch. I'm sorry Mani sweetheart but I'll call you later with more updates ok."

She then glared at me before walking back into Jordan's room. I was frozen to the spot holding my face where she hit me unable to process what had just happened.

"You ok April?"

"I'm fine let's go."

We walked out of the hospital and into the parking lot where I had parked earlier. Opening the car we got in and took off.

"Want to get something to eat before we go home?"

"Sure."

"Can I ask you something Emani?"

"I guess."

"How do you know Jordan? I mean it's not like I'm jealous or anything.."

"We were neighbors back in Atlanta," she said cutting me off.

“Ohh,”

"Yh we grew up together since we were in diapers straight up to freshman year of high school just before he left to go live with his mom in Miami. Jordan and I are more like brother and sister April you have nothing to worry about."

I sighed. Instant relief flooded my body. She doesn't want him in that way at least now I know I can get him back.

"But," she interrupted my thoughts, "I know for a fact that he hates yo ass right now for what you did so I would give him more time if I were you.

I turned on the radio hoping to kill the conversation. Bitch done went and killed my motherfucking vibe.