Chapter 14.

April

I woke up earlier than usual as I planned to go to the clinic today to get tested. I took a quick shower and lotioned my skin with my favorite Bath & Body Works Coconut Lime Breeze lotion. Taking a hair scrunch, I placed my hair in a messy bun and tied a scarf around it. Going through my drawers, I found a nude fleece legging and a peach fitted hoodie which I paired with some uggs. I grabbed my phone and keys and tossed them into my canvas bag then headed out the door. On my way out I saw Emani on the couch fully dressed so I nudged her awake.

"Emani, are you aite?"

"What time is it?"

"After 7 why?"

"Shit."

She shot up off the couch and ran into her bedroom. I followed her more newsy than concerned. She late for a test or something? Weirdo.

"Are you sure your ok?"

"No I have to go to hospital to check on Jordan."

"Say what! What the fuck happened? Is he okay?"

"He got shot last night right outside the dorm did you not hear them?"

"No actually I slept with my headphones in."

She left to clean up and go get changed. I sunk down on her bed unable to absorb the news. You really never know what you're giving up until it's slipping through your fingers. I love Jordan but I just couldn't keep treating him like shit when he held me like a queen.

"Are you going to the hospital?"

"Yes, as soon as I find my other boot."

I helped her look for her boot and then we left the dorm. We walked to the parking lot where my 2014 Toyota Camry was parked. I pulled out my keys to unlock the car and we got in and drove off to the hospital. Emani was very quite the whole drive, always in deep thought one.

We pulled up to the hospital and Emani jumped out before I could stop the car and practically sprinted towards the door. Like damn she acting like he had five minutes to live or something, then again she didn't go in depth as to how severe the situation was. When I parked I took my time walking in as I had business of my own to take care of before I saw Jordan.

Emani

Making my way to the nursing station I saw the nurse that was on duty when Jordan was brought in and asked her about him. She told me to have a seat in the waiting room and she would call me when it was time to see him.

When I arrived, I saw Jordan's mom sitting in the corner looking out of the window. She must have felt me staring at her because she turned around to look at me with tears in her eyes.

"Emani sweetheart is that you? Come over here and give me a hug. Oh my God how long has it been."

She gave me a big hug then held me at arms length to examine me. She looked just as I remembered her, long black hair, hazel eyes and a curvaceous body that always caught your attention. Who could forget that killer smile, Jordan practically inherited it from her.

"It's been too long honestly."

"I was so happy when Jordan told me you were both attending the same college. All those years you guys spent apart, not a day went by that he didn't call your name. He missed you so much you were like an obsession, kind of annoying at times but you know Jordan when he is passionate about something."

I felt my heart getting heavy from what she was telling me. Did Jordan have a thing for me? I liked him but I never knew he liked me back.

"Did you find out anything new?" I said in an attempt to change the topic.

"Yes. I'm so sorry I got caught up for a moment. They got the bullet that was in his chest out but he hasn't woken up as yet. He left for a cat scan about an hour ago I'm waiting on the doctor to return with results."

As if on queue, Jordan's doctor came into the waiting room and signaled for us to follow him. We walked to a door with the number 213 on it.

"You can go in and see him for a couple minutes. I will be with you shortly to share the results."

We both thanked the doctor and entered the room.

April

I was sitting in a small room waiting for the nurse to give my results. He took some blood samples from me which left me really drained. After 10 minutes of waiting he returned with my results.

"Well Ms. Manners you are not pregnant your period is just late."

I let out the breath that I didn't even realize I was holding and jumped down off the examination table.

"Thank you God, do you know how relieved I am."

"Hold on Ms. Manners. I ran some additional test and I have some more results for you so you may want to sit back down."

Just from the way he was looking at me I knew this couldn't be good.