Chapter 42

Oliver woke up the next morning next to his wife who was still sleeping, so he got up quietly and went to the kitchen so that he could start on breakfast. He still couldn't believe that Laurel couldn't cook after all the times he had tried to teach her. He guessed that no matter what you did to help them, some people just couldn't cook.

He heard footsteps coming from the stairs and looked up to see Conner coming down. "Hey buddy. You want to help me cook breakfast for mom?" Oliver asked.

"Yes, I would like that. I think I do pretty good at cooking." Conner said.

"You do very good at cooking. A lot better than your mom. Don't tell her I said that though." Oliver said.

"I won't daddy." Conner said.

Ten minutes later Laurel was coming down the steps and she looked in the kitchen and smiled seeing her husband and son cooking breakfast. "So, what are you making me for breakfast?" Laurel asked.

"Pancakes, eggs, and bacon." Conner said.

"It smells good. I am glad you are cooking it and not me." Laurel said to her son.

He looked at Oliver and smiled. "I like cooking. I will like it more when I can do it all by myself." Conner said.

"Well, if you keep on learning from your dad, I have no doubt that you will be cooking by yourself before you know it. So, were there any new developments in the city last night?" Laurel asked.

"Other than Nyssa coming back and stating the obvious. No, not really." Oliver said.

"So, you caught Ras' eye by defeating the Ninth Circle?" Laurel asked.

"Looks that way. Sara and I trained with Nyssa last night. We are all going to be ready if he ever decides to come here." Oliver said.

"I hope so. He is going to do whatever it takes to get you to become his heir, even if it means coming after me." Laurel said.

"I know he will. So, I will go with him and beat him from the inside if I have to." Oliver said.

"You go I go. So, think about that before you make any decisions." Laurel said.

"Laurel, you are pregnant. You can't go into the League." Oliver said.

"Again, you go I go." Laurel said.

"Fine, I know how stubborn you can be." Oliver said.

"Well, on to better topics. Anything good going on at the DA's office right now?" Oliver asked.

"No, not really. I did have a recent hire though, but I basically hired him so that I could keep an eye on him." Laurel said.

"And what is it that you are keeping an eye on him for?" Oliver asked.

"You know, just to make sure that his plans don't get far enough to hurt any of us." Laurel said.

"Let me guess. He is one of my enemies from the future?" Oliver asked.

"Yep. I would make sure to get in touch with your old mentor and tell her what you are planning to do with Ras, because she trained this guy in the old timeline because you killed Ras." Laurel said.

"I will be sure to do that. I might even give her the power after everything is over." Oliver said.

"I think that would be a good idea. So, what is your plan for the day?" Laurel asked.

"I am going to go and spend some time at the club tonight, because Tommy and Emiko took that shift last night. Tonight, is Sara and I who will be there." Oliver said.

"I was thinking of taking Conner to the bunker tonight and get Emiko and Thea to show him a couple of things since I shouldn't be doing that anymore." Laurel said.

"Yeah, you are right. You shouldn't be, and I am sure that they would love to help their nephew out." Oliver said.

"So, when are you going into the club today?" Laurel asked.

"I am going to go soon. Make sure that everything is in order for tonight. I need to make it look like I work some or people are going to think I am that same guy I was before I got on the Gambit." Oliver said.

"Everyone who knows you knows that is not the truth. Even the news outlets know that is not the truth. They have seen what you have been doing for the city as Oliver Queen since you have been back. It also helps that you have a good platform because of your mom being mayor." Laurel said.

"I guess you have got a point there. I am going to shower and get ready. Don't let your mom cook anything else buddy. She might burn the kitchen down." Oliver said as he chuckled and left the room.

"I will get you for that comment Ollie." Laurel said.

"I know you will. See you guys in a little while." Oliver said as he left the room.

"So, do you want to go to the bunker and train with your aunts today?" Laurel asked Conner.

"I would like that. I like spending time with my aunts. How come I didn't get to spend time with Aunt Emiko before daddy came home from the island?" Conner asked.

"Because we didn't really know about her. You see, she isn't your grandma's child, so she we didn't know about her because only your grandma and grandpa Queen knew about her. They didn't even tell your daddy or Aunt Thea." Laurel said.

"Oh, I still don't get it." Conner said.

"You will understand better when you are older. Go and get ready so we can go to the bunker and get you training. Maybe even Nyssa can teach you some things if she is there today." Laurel said.

"I would like to train with her. I think I could learn a lot from her." Conner said.

"Yeah, you could. Go get ready or we will be staying here today." Laurel said as Conner went to his room to get ready so that he could go and train with all the team that was in the bunker