Chapter 44

The team left the bunker and went to where the League of Assassins was attacking, and they took on all of Ras' minions. Team Arrow seemed to get the upper hand in the fight and was making sure that the League fighters were having a hard time getting up. This made the fight easier so that they didn't have to worry about someone that they had already put down. This was when a man that none of them knew but Sara stepped forward.

"Hold!" The man said, and the League members stopped fighting.

"You must be Ras Al Ghul. What are you doing in my city?" Green Arrow asked.

"I am here to make an offer to some of the members of your team if you would give me time to explain." Ras said.

"I am listening." Green Arrow said.

"I am here to offer a place in the League of Assassins to you, Black Canary, White Canary, and Artemis. This is a great honor that I am offering you. I would actually like to train you as my heir Green Arrow." Ras said.

"I am flattered, but why would I want anything to do with the League when my main goal is to save this city? I have no reason to be a part of the League of Assassins. I already have a team that works just fine." Green Arrow said.

"If you join the League, you will have more than just a team behind you, you will have the entire League behind you. You will be able to save the world with that kind of resources. How could you not be interested in something like this?" Ras asked.

"That is an intriguing question. What if some of us who you made the offer to are not interested, but others are. What will happen then?" Green Arrow asked.

"There is no turning down the offer, Mr. Queen. You either join the League of Assassins, or you are forced to. Either way, I get what I want." Ras said.

"Can we have a few days to consider your offer? I am sure we will come to the correct decision, but right now Black Canary is not here, and It feels wrong to make that decision for her." Green Arrow said.

"I will give you three days. Meet me back here at midnight on the third day and let me know what your answer is." Ras said and the other members of the League turned to leave as did Ras.

"Ok, so we need to go see what our best option is here. I know we said that it would be better to fight this out, but there is something about having someone inside the League of Assassins that sounds good as well. We could tear it up from the inside." Green Arrow said.

"That is a very good point, but Laurel is going to be worthless for a while, now that she is pregnant. She wouldn't survive in the League right now." White Canary said.

"You make a good point. I guess there is only one way to end this. We will have to fight." Green Arrow said.

"Let's head back to the bunker. We can have a team meeting once we get there and discuss this some more. I am sure that McKenna can take care of the club for a while." Artemis said as the team went back to the bunker.

Once the team was back in the bunker, they all went to change back into civilian clothes and came back out so that they could have a team meeting. Tommy and Laurel had already come back downstairs, having left McKenna alone for a while. It was her job after all, being that she was the manager, so that the team could leave as needed.

"So, what did you guys find out?" Tommy asked.

"Ras made an offer to four of us. Sara, Emiko, Laurel and me. I was thinking for a while that it might be good to have some people inside of the League, but then Sara made a good point. Laurel will not be able to train, therefore she will be worthless to the League, so this might cause her to be killed. So, the only option is to fight in three days." Oliver said.

"I can still train Ollie. If you think it is worth having people in the League, then I say we do it." Laurel said.

"You might still be able to train for now, but you won't be able to when you get closer to the delivery date. That is where the problem lies. It is also possible that we might be there for a long time, and the League is no place for a baby." Oliver said.

"I have to agree with Oliver here. The League will take the baby and turn it into an Assassin as well. So, when he says that the League is no place for a baby, he is correct." Nyssa said.

"Ok, so I guess we will fight then. What are our chances here?" Thea asked.

"You will be fine against father's minions. The problem is fighting him. I don't think any of you are ready yet. Which means you need to take out the minions as fast as possible and then as many of you as possible will need to fight father at the same time. Unfortunately, you will need to kill everyone as I said earlier, because if you don't and the minions get back to other members of the League, they will come because they will think that you fought without honor." Nyssa said.

"Like I said earlier. I will do whatever it takes to protect this city, so if it means that we have to kill all of them, then that is what we have to do." Oliver said and the rest of the team nodded in agreement.

"Good. I am glad that you are ok with this, because if only one of them gets away, there will be hell to pay." Nyssa said.

"Then we will make sure that none of them get away." Oliver said as he went to work out with Nyssa, so that he could get as much sword training as possible in the next few days, and hopefully be able to beat Ras without the help of the others. That way he won honorably and wouldn't have to worry about the League anymore after the fight.