Light

He couldn't stop thinking about it.

How could he? After a dream like that? It was so peculiar, so strange...

Yet he remembered it so clearly, as if it had actually happened. Who was that, in his dream? They said something among the lines of being in "resemblance" to him, what did that mean? They didn't quite look the same toward the end of the dream either, as they seemed to be of a pure darkness. The details were getting foggier, and it became harder to concentrate on that dream. His head was still spinning...

"Zote?"

"Ah, my apologies, what is it that you need?"

"Jeez, no need for the fancy speak all the time dude." said Damion.

Right. It was lunch already. Zote hadn't really been paying his mind to anything around him though.

"What's been with you today? You ain't lookin' too hot."

"Ah, Damion...maybe we shouldn't-" said Damien, just across the table.

He was still reluctant to speak to them after the other day, since they truly struck a nerve. He stared down at the empty page of his sketchbook and didn't utter a word.

"Ok Yura, what's up with him? Did you break his heart or something?" Damion joked, turning his head to the catboy.

Yura frowned, and glared back at Damion. His ears flickered with a clear frustration. "Can't you tell when it isn't time to crack a joke?"

"Ah, yeah. Sorry about that. Force of habit."

Yura sighed. He knew Zote wouldn't say a damn word. Not in front of these two.

"Well, maybe we can wait until he's calmed down a little. Maybe you can try thinking about something else for right now...even if it's a little silly..."

Zote blinked, and something strange occured. Why was the world so much brighter? His eyes displayed a world covered in light. It hurt just to see.

Zote instinctively shut his eyes, and covered his face with his hands. Even as he shut his eyes, there was no end to the unforgiving flare within.

"Z-Zote?" the demon boy stammered in panic, seeing his pain. "Are you ok?"

Zote grunted, but waved one hand in dismissal. "I'm fine, I'm fine. I'm just...I just-"

"Woah dude, seriously what's going on? I don't like seeing anyone like this."

"I just need to..."

"Zote-" Yura turned to his friend. "Do you need to go to the nurse or something? You can't be going back into class...not like this."

Zote wiped his eyes and tried to open them once more. Everything was back as it should have been.

"There was just..." He paused to think of an excuse. "...something in my eye, is all. Do not take your precious time exaggerating my more minor issues."

"But, you-" Damion rose his voice, before quickly being hushed by his partner.

"Damion...we'll put him in a worse mood."

"A sickened mood? Not quite, though I appreciate the thought." said Zote, as he spoke much clearer now.

"It keeps happening...this..." Damion began to ramble beneath his breath.

In the near distance, some familar characters had been talking.

"I'm telling you, those marks weren't on my face before I went to bed!"

"Well, it sure wasn't me. Ehehe."

"C'mon FUCKSHIT!" Girlfriend complained to her friend. "You stayed the night with me, who else would do it? My mom? My dad?"

"I mean, they're demons. Demons do funny shit right?"

"I mean, they do...but that doesn't change the fact that there's still marker stains on my face!"

"Ok, ok, you win. Your face was just such a lovely canvas."

"Oh please!" Girlfriend lightly punched her friend's shoulder. "What where you doing so late at night anyways?"

"Midnight snacks are a requirement, a necessity in life."

"Ah, yeah. I get that. Anyways, you hear about that gangster boy recently?"

FUCKSHIT tilted their head and closed their eyes. "Gangster boy...what haven't I heard about gangster boys. You talkin' about corb cob or shades?"

"The shades kid, they're being..." she was looking for a word. "...weird. Again."

"Isn't he always like that?"

"Well, he's being as weird as he was that one time. Asking weird questions...he's been talking to everyone with his boyfriend."

"Geez, with a boyfriend as crazy and him you'd think Damien would be too. He's like, super nice though."

"I dunno, he'll probably cut it out soon. Maybe he's looking for a reaction?"

"That is one weird ass way of being an attention whore." said FUCKSHIT.

"Yeah...well...guys will be guys I guess?"

Everyone would soon get up to leave. There was only so much of the day left already.

Dunno ehat to put here uhhhhh
Kromer.

End chapter.