jaws the shark lurkin in the dark

"Where did he live again? Maybe I should try calling him."

Zote reached for his pocket to realize his phone wasn't there.

"Darn."

He continued to aimlessly walk through the neighborhood. It was cold out still, and in retrospect he probably should have gotten another jacket.

The terrain was covered in white snow. Not too thick, through it didn't seem to be going anytime soon with this weather.

Maybe that same weather was rotting his mind, and he felt a discomfort in his head again.

How did he expect to find him anyways? It wasn't as if he had a string of fate that just led back to him. He kinda wish he did, given it would make this far less inconvenient.

Will talking to him really help? What if he just didn't understand? What if he-

God.

He stopped walking.

Why did the snow look so much brighter? It hurts, it hurts so bad.
He didn't want to see anymore, he wanted to cover his eyes.

The sun wasn't out, yet it felt as if it were right in front of him in all it's godly, bright glory.

His mind ran blank, as if the sun alone evaporated all thoughts in his mind.

Suddenly, as quickly as the sun came, all turned dark.

. . .

"Jesus, what are you doing out here?"

Damion looked down the snow to see someone lying unconscious.

"What's up with everyone and passing out on the ground randomly. Actually I won't ask anymore." Damion sighed.

"Mmhm?"

"Dude, get up! It's cold as balls out here!"

"...how long?"

"Hell if I know, I went out to have a cigarette break and I just see you dead on the ground."

Zote grunted, trying to lift himself up.

"What happened? Did you just, like, fall asleep?"

"Obviously so." Zote replied, sarcastically.

"Then why are you out here?"

"I came-" Zote coughed, interrupting his explanation.

"Nevermind dude, you want me to take you home?"

"Actually, no. But there is someone I'd like to see if you know where they are."

"And that is?"

"Yura"

"Riiight, right." Damion sighed.

"What? What of it?"

"Nothing, nothin', can't say I was expecting anyone any different."

"Ugh!" Zote stretched, trying to wake up. "I don't care what you think, I need to speak with him."

"Huh. That's weird."

"What?"

"You're using less big words."

"And? If I want to get to the point faster that's my business not yours." Zote said, with a harsh tone.

"Fine, fine, I know where he is." Damion replied. "He's at my house."

"What? Why is he there? And so early in the day?"

"Shit happens. I'm surprised he didn't tell you."

"Well..." Zote shivered "I guess it just doesn't matter too much."

"We need to get inside anyways, I'm cold."