Lies, The Unsightly, and The Worshipped

"No..."

Husband couldn't believe it.

Obama lied on the ground unconscious, unmoving.

What on earth was she talking about? Purpose?

Was she dead? That couldn't be happening, this wasn't a part of her plan. He felt deprived of all purpose as the love of his life slipped through his fingers so effortlessly.

No. This wasn't real.

Damion, who had still been too weak to stand himself, quietly grumbled. Husband couldn't make out what he was saying.

"Hey...what was actually going on here?" asked Husband.

"...I don't know." Damion replied. "Nothing has made sense. I wanted to know. But now..."

Husband looked at the road they stood center of. It's quite the walk back home.

"If...if learning the truth is what gets people hurt..." Damion paused, and pressed his head against his head. He squinted painfully.

"Are you ok?" Husband held a hand out toward him. "You must not feel good after seeing all that."

"I...didn't love him."

Husband furrowed his brow in confusion.

"What?"

"I couldn't remember my name. I couldn't remember a lot of things." Damion sighed, looking down at the pavement.

"When I met him though, something clicked. I hung close, and I guess he got attached. I didn't mind, as long as I could know my name and shit."

"That's..."

"I know. It's fucked up, and maybe it was cruel of me. But ever since I remember being here, everyone didn't feel...real. Or maybe it's just now? I can't tell."

"You sound like you really need help."

"Didn't think I'd hear that coming from some dead girl's side kick."

Husband wasn't sure what to say. All this time he had worked toward appeasing Obama, but at what cost? He could have hurt people. Maybe he's not as emo as he thinks.

"Listen, you probably need to get that wound checked out though. Do you want this until then or something?" Husband offered, before taking off the bandage from his face.

"Huh, you really didn't lose an eye."

"Yeah, so what? Take it before I change my mind."

"Ok, fine, chill" Damion took the bandage from Husband's hand. "You got money to get this treated?"

"No, I'm broke. Do you?"

"Like hell I do. That matchmaker girl never gave me my fucking money." Damion complained. "And my Dad, well, he's Sans."

"Ouch." said Husband. "God I hate America." Husband tried to think of something. "We can go to my house and I can beg my mom for money."

"I'm in"

. . .

"That's weird. EMS isn't home. Or Obama. It's so late though..."

Zote was used to being alone at home so regularly now, but it had still felt so strange to him.

Zote walked out of his room, exhausted.

He heard something.

Was that...music?

It's downstairs.

He made his way down to go check on it. That's strange, no one had ever played music this loud at home.