Bad Ending

Awake.

He woke up in a sweat.

That dream...

Was he safe here?

He got up and looked out his window. It was still dark out, with some light of passing cars in the distance. He checked the time. It was 4 am.

There was no music playing downstairs, and he was no longer cold or lightheaded. Everything was still, silent. As if nothing were to happen this fateful day.

He looked the the mirror across the room.

There was no reflection.

Was he still dreaming? He couldn't tell. He walked up to the mirror and placed a hand, but nothing happened.

Strange.

Out of this town...a place much better for both him and his friend.

...

A storm...

That doesn't sound pleasant to say the least.

What if they didn't go. What if they stayed an got hurt? He would never forgive himself.

He wasn't sure, but he was also unaware of how much longer until such a "storm" would come.

He didn't have time to think, he needed to act now.

He grabbed his Life Ender that he had laid near his bed and crept downstairs.

The rat and his companion were asleep. He would consider saving them too had he not been in a rush. He felt guilty that he would leave them behind even after they helped.

There wasn't a way it could be helped. He ran out of his house as if it were to have just set on fire.

As he dashed out, he felt not the freezing climate. In fact, things almost felt much hotter. Was his mind throwing him off? He couldn't care if it was.

He needed to find Yura and quick.

He doesn't want him under harm's way.

Where was Damion's house again...where...

I remember where.

You remember where. Go. Save him.

He felt as if his legs would give out at any given moment. It wasn't this house, it wasn't that one.

A few minutes of venturing down his neighborhood.

Did the snow start to glow?

It was that house over there, he remembered Damion walking him in just yesterday.

The door.

He raced up the stairs and banged on it.

No response.

He twisted the knob.

Locked.

Please...

Have you checked the windows?

He ran around the house to see. There's one in the kitchen, it's a little high up for him though. He looked around for something to stand on. Well there is a trashcan just over to the left of him.

He dragged it over just above the window and climbed on top.

The window wasn't locked, thank god.

He crawled inside. He heard that someone was asleep on the couch. He would be concerned about waking them up, but there's still no time to worry about that.