9. You Should Have Said No.

Paige arrived home at 10am on Sunday, just as she had promised and we went to the markets as planned. We hung out for a few hours just chatting and doing face masks and amazingly, she didn't even talk too much about Matt. We put music on and just hung out together... I don't really even remember what exactly it was that we did, but I was glad that things felt good between us again.

We were on the couch at 3pm when Paige handed me a margarita and sat opposite me with this curious look in her eyes. "So, um... I kind of have a proposition for you..." she said, clearly trying to hide her excitement. I wasn't sure whether to be nervous or excited with her so I took a large sip of my drink. "You know how we both booked three weeks leave next month and we were going to go to Southern France?" she asked.
"Yeahhhh..." I questioned, frowning... was she about to cancel on me? Because of Matt?! Was she going to ask if he could join us? The answer would be a hard no and honestly, I'd be pretty pissed off it were any of the things I just mentioned.
"Well, how would you feel about postponing that trip and doing something better?" she asked.
"What? Why? What could possibly be better than sitting on a beach in St Tropez?" I questioned.
"Wellllllll... Going on tour with Bring Me the Horizon?" she replied with a huge smile. 

What the fuck. Was she kidding? 

"What are you even talking about?" I asked. She let out a huge breath and just looked at me. "OK, hear me out. They're going on tour around Europe the same time as when we have our time off, and Matt invited me to go, but I told him I'd only go if I can bring you too." she explained. What the actual fuck was this girl thinking? On what planet did she think I would ever want to do that!? "It won't cost us anything, so we can save our money and still go to St Tropez another time – and think of all the places we'll get to see if we go with them! We'd get to go backstage at all of the festivals too, and just think of all the swanky hotels we'd get to stay at for free!" she exclaimed. The idea of travelling around Europe for free in five-star hotels with backstage festival access did sound enticing, but with them? With Oli?!

"No way." I said as I shook my head. "No fucking way." I added.
"What? Why? It would be so much fun!" she stated.
"There is no fucking way I am subjecting myself to being around Oli for that long. I would rather fall into a vat of acid and die. I cannot stand him." I said.
"Come on Sum, he's not that bad, and besides, you wouldn't even see him that much. They'll be busy with soundchecks and stuff so we can go exploring without them. Besides, you like their music! Wouldn't it be cool to watch them and other metal bands from the side of the stage?!" she squealed. She did make a good point... I didn't hate the idea of being at the shows, or the free travelling, and the idea of seeing so many places with Paige did sound cool. I had always liked fast-paced adventures too, so being on the move all the time would be amazing but... I don't know.

"So, you're telling me that they would just let us travel with them?  A couple of girls they don't really even know, for three whole weeks?" I said out loud. The whole thing sounded ridiculous, like a scam or something.
"Yes. Matt wants to spend time with me, but he's going on the tour, so this is the solution." she said. I looked away and let out the heaviest breath.
"Are you really serious? You realise you're asking me to be around Oli even more than I have had to be already... to put up with him with no escape." I asked. She knew how much I hated him.
"I'll tell Matt to tell him to be nice." she said.
"Oh yeah, like that's going to do anything." I replied with an eye roll.
"Pleeeeeeeeeease." she whined. Oh God, I hated it when she did that.
"You do realise what you're asking of me, right? Like, you're making me change a relaxing, beach holiday to one where I'm subjecting myself to three weeks of potential hell." I stated.
"I know, but... it's all free! Hotels, flights, food, concerts, parties... Come on, Summer. I'm begging you!" she replied. I just groaned. To be honest, I didn't exactly have a choice. She clearly wasn't going to be coming to St Tropez with me anymore... so I could either not take a holiday at all or I could go around Europe for free with her.
"Please Sum. I will do anything! I'll do your washing for the rest of the year! I'll cook dinner every single night for a month!" she said as she tried to bargain with me. She pulled at my shirt and gave me the puppy eyes and I just rolled mine at her. "I will love you foreverrrrrrrrrrrr." she said desperately.
"Oh my God. FINE! I'll go." I said, caving in and agreeing. "But if Oli pisses me off too much, you're paying for my flight home." I said in negotiation.
"YAAAAAYYYYY!" she squealed as she hugged me. God, what had I just gotten myself into?