20. I'd Rather Throw Myself Out The Window.

From what I saw on our arrival into Lisbon, the city was beautiful. Our hotel was gorgeous too and despite having to share the room with Oli, it was stunning. Light, airy and inviting - plus the view from the balcony of the ocean in one direction and a huge castle overlooking the city in another was jaw-dropping. The bed was bigger too - thank God.

The guys were only at the hotel for an hour before they had to go to soundcheck and I opted not to go. I had another city to explore. Surprisingly, Paige decided to stay with me instead of following Matt like a lost puppy too - so we went out to begin our explorations. We wandered around the streets and the main square, quickly realising how inexpensive everything was there. We discovered these baked custard tarts called "Pastel de nata" that were mouth-wateringly delicious, we bought a few souvenirs and we took a tram up to the castle too. It was fun to be out and about, away from the guys just exploring with Paige, even if things weren't completely smoothed out between us. We ended up back at the hotel around 5pm and the others weren't even back yet, so we decided to have a couple of drinks at the hotel bar. It was on the rooftop and had views to die for so we couldn't waste the opportunity! I forgot about how annoyed I'd been with her that morning and how chilled out I was now. Speaking to my sister had definitely  helped and Paige choosing me over Matt also made me feel so much better.

"So how's things with the boyfriend?" I asked as we sipped our drinks. I knew bringing him up could open a can of worms... she could get completely stuck on the topic, but I did want her to be happy. I did care about her life. My sister was also right in saying that I had tunnel vision with my ex too, so I could accept that sometimes I might have been slightly unreasonable.
"They're good." she replied happily. Was that really all she was going to tell me?
"What about the sex? Is he making you cum so hard your eyes roll back in your head?" I asked. Paige nearly choked on her drink.
"Oh my God, Summer! You can't just ask that!" she squealed in a hushed voice. "Especially in public!" she added as she looked around.
"Why not? It's a valid question." I replied.
"Oh my God. Well, yeah it's... fine." she said awkwardly as she shook her head.
"Fine? That doesn't sound very good." I rebutted.
"OK then, it's good. It's really good." she replied with an eye roll.
"So you're happy?" I asked.
"Yes, perfectly happy." she chuckled. "What about you anyway? How are you doing?" she asked coyly. I knew she just wanted to change the subject, but that was fine.
"Well, I'm a mix of enraged and horny most of the time but I have decided to harness it, dress like a slut tonight and try to find someone to rid me of my issues." I replied with a wink. She shook her head and laughed while looking embarrassed about what I'd just said. 

I headed down to the room after devouring a drink, enjoying how quiet and peaceful it was when I had it to myself, and I dressed myself in something sexy. Let's be honest, most of what I'd brought as 'going out' apparel was sexy, but I made a bit more effort that particular night with the addition of red lipstick. It always screamed seduction to me. I was really damn horny and sick of waiting for something to happen so I was going out with my single, hot guy radar on high alert.

Paige and I took a taxi to the venue and watched the concert from the side of the stage, though I was swiping on Tinder for most of it. I almost felt bad for not even paying attention to the show happening in front of me, but I had other things on my mind; boys. I set my distance to 1km because I was sure the mosh pit would be full of my types and I wasn't wrong, though none of the guys I'd swiped right on matched with me straight away. I guess they were paying attention to the band, lol. I crossed my fingers that at least one of them would go out after it finished and open the app, but I guess I was going to have to be patient.

The band showered and changed backstage and just as we were about to head off to a club, one of my Tinder boys matched with me. Yes! I was glued to my phone as I sat in the van, flirting and suggesting he come meet me, and once we'd arrived at our venue, I let him know where I was. His name was Mateo and I was really fucking excited to meet up with him. I just hoped being a fan of the band meant he wouldn't be more interested in my trip companions than me. I don't think I could handle being fobbed off by a hot guy because he'd rather fanboy over my arch nemesis than fuck me.

Some of the band went off to the shops, but I followed Matt and Paige into the club seeing as we'd already shopped that day. Mateo said he'd be about an hour, so I sat with Paige for a while, but as always, I grew tired of her and Matt being all loved up right in front of me, so I took a break and went to the bar. I was alone, waiting for my Tinder match to let me know he was on his way, happy for someone else to hit on me in the meantime. I would have been happy with anything really, even just a conversation... I was just eager for any form of attention. Honestly, I was just hoping someone would entertain me and save me from having to return to the love-fest that was going on between my best friend and her beau. After ten minutes of nothing but an occasional 'hello', I decided I'd cave and go back to Paige. Sitting alone felt worse than sitting as a third wheel. 

I went to take a leisurely final sip of my drink but as I did, people literally screamed by the door, scaring me half to death and I smashed the bottle against my teeth. Fuck! I wondered what the hell was going on, it sounded like someone was being murdered, but when I turned around I realised there was nothing exciting going on, it was just the usual bullshit. There he was; fuck head Oli, surrounded by fans and desperate girls like he always was, lapping up the attention like a total whore. Ugh, he was disgusting. He caught my eye and smirked so I scowled at him and turned away. I hated that he'd seen me at the bar alone, I hated that he would now probably come over to tease me and try to piss me off as always... I hated the way he never had to make any effort to get anything he wanted, whereas I had to resort to waiting for some random dude off Tinder. I decided to move around to the other side of the bar because I really didn't want to see him... maybe he wouldn't come and harass me if he didn't know where I'd gone either. I sipped my drink again, thinking how I really would be enjoying the trip a whole lot more if he wasn't on it.

"If looks could kill, I would have been dead back there." I heard from beside me. Ugh. I knew who it was. Oli had come and stood next to me at the bar and I swear, he always had to be annoying me and getting in my personal space. Why couldn't he just leave me alone?!
"Yes, well, it's a shame they can't." I snuffed. "And don't get ahead of yourself, I was only looking to see what the girl was screaming was about." I scoffed.
"Making girls scream is what I do best." he chuckled. Ugghhh. Such a fuck boy.
"Shouldn't you be over there with your little fan girls then?" I asked.
"Is that jealousy I hear in your voice, Sunshine? You know, if you want me all to yourself, just say the word and I'm yours for the night." he said. Please.
"I'd rather throw myself out the window... and I'm not jealous of your fan brigade." I replied.
"Good. You have no reason to be. I don't give a shit about them. Besides, you're the one in bed with me every night." he said with a nudge. Ugh. He was repulsive.
"Cool. I have to go over there now." I stated as I picked up my drink to move away from him.
"Oh come on Sunshine." he said with a laugh as I walked away from him. Idiot.

I sat in a booth on my own, wondering where the fuck my Tinder guy was. He should have been on his way by now, if not at the fucking club already. I wanted him even more now that I knew Oli would see me with him so I messaged him again, asking where he was. I waited a few minutes before he replied, saying something had come up and that he wasn't coming. Fucking hell! I was so pissed off. I guess the consolation prize was that he didn't just ghost me entirely, but still! He could have fucking let me know sooner! I really didn't know what was going on... I wasn't used to being rejected and I fucking hated it. After stewing in anger for a while, I went and joined Paige and Matt again and we left after about an hour. Oli decided to stay, clearly planning on hooking up with one of his fan girls which only pissed me off more. I hated that he made zero effort, acted like a total fuckwit and still got whatever he wanted, while I was actually trying to get laid and getting nowhere. The only solace I had was knowing that I'd totally cockblock Oli if he tried bringing a girl back to the hotel room again.