1

Part one
💖The faceless YouTuber💖

.
.
.

Aiko Zhu opened up her laptop to read the comments on the last video the YouTuber posted, it was more of an ad then what she normally does.
It advertised an album that the new music artist just released.

'Why is she so different then how I normally am?'
She asked herself while watching her own video.

She scrolled through the comments, almost all of which were very positive:

💖:I love your music girll<3

💖:Save some talent for the rest of us!

💖:Can't wait for more music from you omg-

💖:Omgoodness! Why is she so good at everything!!

'Yeah right, everything I can do through a screen when it comes to real life I fuck everything up.'
She dismissed that tab only to see the article the young girl was reading earlier that day.

UA HIGH ENTRANCE EXAMS: do these young aspiring heroes have what it takes to go beyond plus ULTRA?

She leaned backwards.
'How will I make it if hundreds of super talented kids are also giving it their all?'

She shook her head, as if she could magically expel her negative thoughts through the simple action.

She remembered her sister, this wasn't just her dream.
It was her sister's dream as well.
'If only I was as brave as she was, then I wouldn't be nervous at all.'

She slapped her cheeks
'No time for pouting! I'll try my best, and even if I don't make the hero course through the exams I'll work hard and make it during the sports festival! I have to do this,

for Tora.

She kept trying to think positive thoughts and began sketching her hero costume while listening to pop music.

The nervous girl did this Every Time she needed motivation or had to vent.
She wasn't sure what it was but seeing her dreams displayed on paper always made her feel like being a hero was possible.

And scribbling down messy doodles that stood for her feelings made her feel understood to an extent.

The teenager ended up staying up later than she expected, it was 1:00 and her mom wasn't back from work yet.
As a young teen she used to stay up until her mother got home, she didn't even need to say anything, She just wanted to make sure her mother was safe.

But as the adult's shifts got later and the teen's grades got lower she was forced to stop.

She changed her music to something quiet enough that she could fall asleep while listening and then curled up in her twin bed under her pink and white comforter.

💖💖💖
She woke up to her alarm blaring.
She pulled her messy brown curls away from her face and got up.
She got dressed in her usual baggie attire and pulled her now untangled long brown hair into a ponytail.

(Sorry if the picture is blurry💖)
And went downstairs.
She noticed her mom curled up on the couch, still in her work clothes.
The teen sighed.
She grabbed a throw blanket off the other couch and gently covered her mother up before taking off her glasses.
She walked into the kitchen and wrote a quick note down:
IN TOWN TEXT IF YOU NEED SOMETHING
LOVE U ♥

Before leaving the house now feeling slightly guilty.
'Maybe I should stay? And wait for her to wake up?'

"Sorry mom."
She muttered and locked the door securely behind herself.

Currently, roughly 80% of the people who make up the global population possess some amazing ability, a 'Quirk' unfortunately Aiko's mother wasn't In that 80% she was in the 20% that was known as 'quirkless'
So was her twin sister, Tora.
But that never stopped her from dreaming about being a hero.
Aiko's mom met Aiko's father on a trip to Hawaii, or what started as a trip, the young woman ended up moving in with him an the "romantic island"

But when Aiko and Tora were born and Tora ended up quirkless he disappeared, eventually moving leaving Hawaii and going somewhere up the west coast.

What was left of their family was forced to move back to their mother's old home in Japan.
The twins were only six at the time, which made it difficult to adapt to the culture of an entirely different country.

She walked down her street until she got to the closest bus stop. She slowed down slightly when she saw someone else waiting for the bus.

The teen girl recognized him almost immediately, it was the violet haired boy from her middle school class, they never really talked but she remembered that he wanted to be a hero as well.
The cruel way his classmates treated him reminded Aiko of how her sister was treated.

She reached the bus stop and sat at the opposite end of the bench, he glanced up at the shy girl then back at his phone which started to seem significantly more interesting.
His presence made Aiko nervous because in all honesty, she used to have a huge crush on the guy.

Not that she ever did anything to find out if he liked her back, it was just kinda fun for her to like someone so much.

'I didn't even know he lived around here. Maybe I should say something.
But what? He wanted to be a hero right?'

"H-hey."
He turned to look at her when her heard another voice and he didn't look annoyed,
yet.

"You're going to the UA entrance exams right?"

He looked slightly shocked and then glared at at the girl.
"How did you know that?"

She shrunk under his gaze.
"O-oh well I've heard you say something about wanting to be a hero so-"

"Who the hell are you?"

💖💖💖
I've been doing some heavy editing lol
I'm changing this whole book to thrid person from first person because it sounds significantly better than the OG