18

Aiko ended up getting up and excusing herself with the excuse that she had to use the bathroom. Which was true but she also needed a minute.
With Tris's constant talking and the overall atmosphere of the loud restaurant Aiko was beginning to panic.

The tightness in her chest slowly grew and she felt warm and panicky. She hated it. How easily she got overstimulated and how she had to step out to end her Panic.
She sat on a toilet and ran through her senses. The standard five things you can can see and so on. Her mother taught her about it when she told her about how she'd get overwhelmed like this and I occasionally worked and kept her from panic attacks.

The idea that even being in a loud room with people pushed her over the edge made her doubt she'll ever actually make it as a pro unless she gained some sort of professional help with her anxiety. She'd visited doctors for her depression and was prescribed medication that she could pay for herself with her own income but other than that she'd never sat down and talked to a doctor.

But of course if Nishi got her way she'd start regularly seeing a therapist.

Aiko stepped out of the stall and washed her hands. She pulled some paper towels out of the mechine and dried her hands before walking out back into the loud room.

She took calming breaths as the noise hit her ears and that same tightness got stronger again.

She tried to ignore it and walked back to her table. She came out behind Mina and Tris and picked up their conversation.

"So what do you think of her? She's sweet right?"
Mina asked and Aiko got the feeling she was the topic of their conversation.

"Oh she's definitely uh.. sweet but I don't normally get along with people like that. I mean I think she totally judges me for all of my shit you know?"
Tris responded.

"What?! Aiko is the least judgemental person I've ever met! You're fine!"
Mina said and Tris shook her head.

"I'm sure you're right but still. I'd like to hang out with people who are a bit... Less goodie goodie you know? I like trouble makers."

"I geuss I get that..."
Mina said, so her two friends weren't mixing, that's not bad it happens. As long as Tris isn't mean to Aiko they were cool.

Aiko decided to walk up and interrupt.

"Hey Noriko! It's almost time for you and Tris to sing!! I'm so excited!"
Mina said clapping when Aiko showed up.

"Oh my god im soooo fucking nervous."
Tris said fanning herself dramatically.

'Okay someone just shoot me.'
Aiko thought looking at Tris with a straight face. She was frankly burnt out at this point. Too tired for this girl's bullshit.

"You'll do great!"
Mina said.

Tris's 'anxiety' seemed to only activate in ways to get her positive attention or attention in general.
Tris nodded and pulled some fake tears before leaving with Noriko to sing and Aiko dropped her head to the table.

"You okay?"
Mina asked her droopy friend.

"I'm just kinda tired, I'll probably leave soon."
She said, she could probably get a few hours to herself before meeting Nishi whick she would probably need to decompress.

"You can't leave!! You haven't even sang yet!"
Mina whined.

"I'm not sure if I will."
She yawned laying her head against her arm.

"You'll never know if you won't like it if you don't try!"
Mina said kinda misunderstanding.

"Well I have done it before and I didn't really mind it. It's nerve wracking but I can do it. I just don't want to right now."
Aiko answered.

"Then get over it! Go sign up!"