43

^^
Play song for extra feels
Also major trigger warning, this will be a pretty tough chapter ight? Trigger warnings are in the story discripiton, don't continue if it's something you're uncomfortable with reading.

She didn't stop running.
At least not for awhile, in her daze she didn't recognize the burning of her lungs and the groaning of her muscles until she reached her destination.
She slowed her pace and became a little more alive once she walked under the arch that was over the entrance of the yard she was entering.

It was well kept, the paths were clean and the grass was mowed. There were bright vibrant flowers by each of the engraved stones that were settled on the grass.
Aiko didn't particularly mind graveyards. They seemed fairly peaceful. Not like how they were shown in the horror movies Aiko watched. all dark and spooky, with crows and fog.

No, they were nice. It seemed like a decent place to lay below and rest if you asked her.
She stopped at a stone she'd visited several times before and Chuckled.
"I'm in so much trouble."
She whispered.
"I totally skipped school for this... And I might actually get expelled this time."

Aiko sat down cross legged.
She couldn't speak, unless it was to her.
To someone she loved and the closest person she'd ever had.

To someone who wasn't there.
"I keep screwing up our dream. If you were here you'd be doing a much better job then me."
Aiko spoke as though her dead sister was listening.
"But guess what! I... I have some friends now and a guy that I kinda like, you would like him. He's funny and cute..."
Tears fell from Aiko's eyes.

"They really fucked us up huh? The world?"
She whispered.
"I'm a total mess and you're- well you know where you are."
She laughed bitterly.
"I guess I'm just jealous that you beat me to it."

💖💖💖

"Hey! Aiko you go ahead and head home alright? I have to do something okay?"
Tora Zhu told her sister.

"Huh? Oh that's okay, I'll wait-"
Tora grabbed Aiko's shoulders.

"No really, it'll take awhile."
Tora said, seriously. Her brown eyes looked into Aiko's matching pair.

"A-"
Tora pulled Aiko into a hug.
"Alright..."
Aiko whispered, patting Tora on the back.
"Is everything okay?"
She cautiously asked her twin.

"Yeah totally! hey... I love you, you know that right? Even though I don't really say it?"
Tora asked she was a little taller than Aiko, tall enough to rest her head on Aiko's.

"Of course I do. Why?"
Aiko pulled away and Tora just smiled.

"It's nothing! I just realized I don't say it that often. I love you and mom... Soo much okay? Don't forget that alright?"
Tora said, closing her eyes while she smiled.

"Yeah okay, I love you too."
Aiko said, she titled her head.
"Are you sure everything is okay?"

"Yep! Now you start to head home! Mom will be worried! I'll catch up okay?"

Tora started to walk away, humming to herself. Tora never hummed, she never hummed, Tora didn't share Aiko's love of music.
'Okay then.'

Aiko shook her head and just walked through the door towards the gate of the school, making her way home dispite the creeping feeling she had in the back of her mind.
She felt nervous, more anxious than she usually did.
She stopped in her tracks and looked back at the school wall.
'You know what, I'll just go back and wait for her by the school... I don't really want to walk alone.'
Aiko started backtracking slowly, and then as her anxiety increased she broke into a run.
Not knowing what was wrong, but wanting to get back to school as soon as she could.
Get back to Tora.

There were still a lot of kids in the courtyard. They were just hanging out, laughing and eating snacks from the vending machines in the cafeteria.
Aiko walked to the door and the moment her hand touched the handle she heard it.

Kids yelled and screamed as they saw something fall from the roof and hit the ground hard. The sound was sickening, it was a loud thud with the sound of several snaps as bones were betrayed by gravity.
Aiko slowly turned, her body shaking. She turned to where the sound had came from and made eye contact with two brown eyes.

She stood statue still, her mouth parted in shock and her eyes wide as saucers. She stopped breathing as she looked at the horrifying scene that was less then ten feet away from her.
It was her, a body exactly like hers mangled against the pavement. A pool of blood getting bigger and bigger around the fallen girl. She was dressed up in a school uniform just like Aiko's, with the same body and eyes and face as Aiko.

Aiko couldn't speak from that moment, and those seconds she spent staring felt like an eternity. Her twins glass eyes watching her every move without blinking.

She didn't really look away as someone wrapped their arms around her a pulled her back. She didn't know who it is, she didn't know it the female was a teacher or just a student. She still couldn't remember her face, she just associated her with the color blue for some reason.
Probably because that was the color of their uniforms.

The woman spoke to Aiko kindly and told her that she needed to sit down but Aiko couldn't hear. She wasn't there anymore. A part of her broke and followed her sister's soul and she was never the same after that.