40

A/nBtw this is what I picture when writing Tris

A/n
Btw this is what I picture when writing Tris

I found this on Pinterest but it looks like it may have been Ai generated (because of the cord coming from her ear? And the chain that's not connected lol)

But that's basically what she looks like.

.............

Aiko found a small amount of comfort in the calm stillness of the courtyard outside.
It was a slightly chilly night but not too cold. The breeze ruffled her well done hair as she looked out to the UA wall, and beyond that.

She watched the stars and the small clouds that passed in front of them, her brown eyes gazed on the mystic whisps of the clouds and wondered if she'd ever be able to control them from this far away.
Instead of summoning them would she be able to mold them into shapes while a mile away?

Now she could only think of doing such a feat, but maybe one day. With training.
A door around the corner opened and Aiko could hear a random blast of the music before it was shout again.
Footsteps clacked on the pavement as someone got ready to turn the corner.

A boy dressed in all black formal wear turned and pressed his back against the wall, putting his hand over his face and sighing.

'He doesn't see me doesn't he?'
Aiko tensed up, unsure of what she should do right now.

She stood up and the sound of her movement caught his attention, icey blue eyes snapped up and landed on her. She flinched at the sudden eye contact and began to stammer.
"S-sorry! I-I was just leaving!"
She laughed nervously.

Monoma shook his head.
"No! No... you were here first. Sorry for interrupting your silence I just needed... A breath."
He sighed, back still against the wall.

Aiko nodded and slowly sat back down.
"Me too."
She agreed, propping her elbows on her knees and looking up with a slight pout.

"I have a question."
Monoma said after a few short minutes of comfortable silence.

"Huh?"
She hummed turning around and watching him as he made his way over to take a seat next to her.

"Why don't you have a date?"
He asked, her face got a little red from embarrassment and she turned away.

"Well uh... technically I-I did... Yesterday."
She said gazing up, not really noticing him as he observed every one of her features.

"What happened?"
She asked and she shrugged.

"He uh... Ended up going with someone else."
She smiled a little bit.
"I guess it could have been my fault, I specifically asked him as friends because he asked another girl and she said no. So I guess he may have thought I only did it because I feel bad for him-"
She sweatdropped and looked away blushing.
"Nevermind, I don't know why I'm telling you all of this."

"No it's fine, I was the one who asked."
He shook his head.
"But it doesn't seem like it was your fault, the guy kinda sounds like a douche."

Aiko shook her head.
"Not really, he's nice I just don't think he thought I would want to go with him."
She said in Denki's defense.

He chuckled and shook his head.
"You must really like this guy."
He said and she straightened a little, a blush more prominent.

"N-no not really! -Well not in that way! We're just friends really! I definitely don't like him!"
She said nervously.
Why did she feel the need to assure him that she didn't like someone, that she didn't have a crush.

Also why was he still listening?

"Alright, alright! I believe you!"
He put his hands up and chuckled.

"So uh... Why don't you have a date?"
She finally asked, glancing at him cautiously.

"Well I guess you could say I didn't want one. I just never asked anyone and went with a group of friends. But they kinda ended up ditching me."
He shrugged.

"That's kinda how I feel, I walked in alone and couldn't find anyone I knew, until I saw Kam- the guy kissing his date and just decided to get some air."
She said and he nodded in understanding.
"Plus I've never actually been to a dance before, so I was too nervous to go in alone."
She admitted sheepishly.

He raised an eyebrow.
"Never? Like not even in middle school?"
He asked and she shook her head.

"No, not really my scene... Plus I didn't have anyone to go with in middle school."
She said with a shy smile.

He smiled back and stood up, putting his hand out.
"So I assume you've never danced either?"
He asked and she look up at him with a blush.

"Oh! Uh... N-no?"
She said slowly reaching for his outstretched hand.

"Want me to teach you?"
He asked and she smiled and looked at the ground.

"Yeah... Sure!"

What a magical fairytale night, with a prince charming and a Cinderella dancing in the moon light.

At least that's what it would be if this was written by Disney.
Instead this is reality and thing are much different here, the prince charming could be a snake.

And Cinderella could be a pop star.