35

On her way to class slightly early one morning gravity betrayed Aiko Zhu.
She tripped and landed on her knees in the middle of the hallway, it wasn't a full hallway but several students from the nearby classes of 1-A and 1-B were using the space.

Though they were hero course students studying how to serve their country and keep citizens safe they didn't seem concerned with sparing the feelings of the fallen Teenager.
They either ignored her and continued on their way or stopped to giggle at her misfortune.

Aiko genuinely felt like crying as she quickly picked herself and her belongings off the ground, she finally reached for her final piece of paper, her history assignment.
But another student had other plans.
Aiko's least favorite person, Tris happened to unfortunately be in the same place at the same time. She planted one designer tennis shoe on the piece of paper, crumpling it slightly.

Aiko looked up, her hand on the same paper. Only to see Tris ignoring her, scrolling on her phone with her sidekick Noriko the NPC behind her Also on her phone.
"Did you see my TikTok got over five thousand views last night?"
Tris asked Noriko, she continued conversation like nothing was happening. Waiting for Aiko to speak up.

Aiko weighed her options.
She could totally just ditch the paper, it was actually due tomorrow and she still had the file on her computer. She could print a new one Tonight and hand it in on time.
So that's what she did, Aiko stood up and walked past Tris.
Tris glanced up from her phone, looking at the slightly cowardly Aiko. She wanted to be a hero but she couldn't stand up for herself? Pathetic.

Aiko was thinking it too but logically Tris and the bystanders in the hallway were just as pathetic, so did it really matter?

Well at least most of the bystanders.

"Isn't that her's... Tris?"
Aiko turned slightly and saw that one guy from 1-B. She couldn't remember his name but she definitely remembered his face.
He had cold blue eyes and blonde hair, the definition of the standard "pretty boy"

'I thought they were together? Why's he acting so... Cold?'
Aiko thought.

She'd noticed the two were very... Friendly. They often flirted and passed notes during class Aiko had even seen her sit on his desk before classes or vice versa.
But now they seemed totally distant, like strangers.

"Isn't what who's?"
Tris asked smacking her gum, not giving him a glance.
He stepped forward.
"Isn't that paper under you foot Zhu's? Or are you too self-absorbed to notice what's going on around you?"
He countered her fake ignorance with an insult.

'Wait he knows my name? Now I feel bad because I don't know his, god this is awkward. I would leave but he's kinda standing up for me, ditching him now seems rude. unless this is just some weird argument between ex's. Because then that doesn't have much to do with me. But still.'

"Oh? My bad."
Tris stepped off of the paper.
"I'm sorry Monoma, I don't have time to notice something as insignificant as... Paper."
She said, walking past him without picking it up.

'Yeah so am I the paper in this situation? Or is it him? Because obviously she wasn't talking about my homework.'
Aiko thought with a sweatdrop.
'But god she's intense.'
Aiko shuffled forward to pick up her paper but the boy- Monoma beat her too it.
He bent down and scooped it up, brushing it off and handing it to Aiko.

"T-thanks... Monoma?"
Aiko said, she really hoped that was his last name and she didn't accidentally call him by his first. But she assumed him and Tris weren't using first names at the moment.

"No problem-"

"Hey Aiko! What's going on? Also why's there so many people in the way?"
Denki shoved through the now slightly thicker crowd that had gathered, curiously watching the two quarrel.

"Oh H-hi Kaminari!"
Aiko greeted him, he walked over and propped his elbow on Aiko's shoulder. Which was easy because she was definitely shorter then he was.

"Who's this guy?"
He asked jerking his chin in Monoma's direction. The two guys shared an intense look that Aiko didn't quite catch before Monoma smiled.

"Oh I'm Neito Monoma, from one B."
He said putting his hand out.

Denki smiled too.
"Denki Kaminari, class one A."
He grabbed Netio's hand and gave it a from shake.
"We should go, Iida's on his way and if he see's us clogging the hallway he'll have an aneurism."
He said to Aiko, keeping his eyes on Monoma like he was a wasp in the corner of the room he didn't want to lose sight of.

"Oh! Alright!"
Aiko said, looking between the two of them. Finally catching on to the tension.
"Let's go then."
She ducked out from under his arm and walked to the class.

"He's friends with Tris you know."
Denki whispered when they were a good ways from him.

"I don't think they are anymore actually, something happened in the hallway. They seemed really tense, and cold."
Aiko admitted.

"I still don't trust the guy."
He clinched his jaw and lead Aiko into the classroom.