•15: Hook, liner & Sinker.

➖Third persons POV➖

Third persons POV➖

Waking...

Strange...

Strange each time, more certainly strange...

But surely the dream had been there, unchanged. The trees, people, people, people...

Stray...

She abruptly jolted up from her sleep as if pricked with a needle,she started breathing heavily and shouting in anguish as she covers her ears while muffling incoherent words, tears streaming down her flawless but disheveled face.

"What happened dear
her mother asked immediately after entering the room looking scared when she didn't answer.Her mom knew that it was the nightmare that came back.

she continued crying shaking her head sideways. Her mother whispered numerous duas to her.

"stand up, go and pray and you will feel better"She nodded at her mother and entered the bathroom to go fulfill what was asked of her.

****

It was winter again, soon. The sun high, warm on the pelt, but chill inside .I stifled a tired yawn, eyes bags underneath my eyes. I stood up from the bed with determination already at work in my mind.

I picked up my cucumber and aloe vera face wash and applied a small amount on the four corners of my face. I rubbed it simultaneously with my bare fingers. I went to the ensuite and did my routine.

"Afreen" I heard my mom calling my name. "Will you be fast come on we are getting late" .

"Am coming " I shouted back I quickly got dressed in a maroon dress, applied subtle makeup 'it was a day I have been looking forward to in my life so I had no other choice but to convince myself to apply a simple makeup'.

It was my 'Induction' any ways so what couldn't I sacrifice for my own self.

I got down and quickly had a simple breakfast because I can't imagine myself going to a 'morning event' without taking breakfast it is going to be an emotional and mental battle with myself on not taking breakfast that day and imagine all the recently graduated student of Nigeria being there that will be like about one thousand students so imagine when will your name be called and by that time hunger is already killing you.

It is strictly on invitation meaning each student with two invitee which means my mom and dad came with me although he was busy he couldn't miss his daughters inauguration as an official doctor growing up my dad had always been the busy one going for business trips and so on he had never failed in bonding with us and showing us that he loves us.

Immediately we came back I entered my room and changed my cloth into an ash sweatpant and high school musical shirt prayed then drifted into la la land.

I heard a faint knock on my door while sleeping "who is it " I asked half asleep. Open the door Afreen, I heard yaya Abdullah shout back. "What do you want now please am sleeping fa" I said on the verge of crying, I don't like anyone interrupting me while sleeping but it seems like that's is what yaya Abdullah likes doing.

I stood up and opened the door "what" take a bath and look presentable am having a guest did you hear, he said. "Soooooo " what does that have to do with me,I answered back. Will you do as I say or not, he said. "Fine",I answered back and banged the door angrily.

I went back into my room ,climbed my bed and continued sleeping "I can't kill myself because of one stupid guest I muffled a hiss and continued my sleep.

While stifling a yawn I got down from the bed after a mind refreshing sleep, I entered the bathroom and had a second round of relaxing bath. I wore a fitted skirt and blouse, tied my head gear then applied my laneige lip balm.

I carried my air pods connected chandelier by sia and sang along with my 'melodious' voice.

I went to my kitchen and saw my mom and the chef cooking 'helter skelter'.

*note the sarcasm*

We heard a knock on the door and I hurried to go and open it, who could it be.

I gently opened the door and I came in contact with Anwaar face "you",I abruptly shouted then banged the door close. Another knock came in and I contemplated on opening the door. I opened the door and came in contact with a different view "am I hallucinating or what I don't understand ".

"Hey" the anonymous guy, said to me. "Hey " I answered him nervously. I came to see Abdallah , he replied. "Ohhh " pardon my manners please come in .

Anwaar come let go in, I heard him say "oh" so I wasn't dreaming. I led them inside to the parlour. Let me call yaya Abdullah for you "I will appreciate that" the anonymous guy said. I sent Anwaar a glare and went out of the parlour.

I informed yaya Abdullah who was in the parlour upstairs that his friends where here "wait is that the visitors he was talking about, nonsense".

The men went to the mosque while we arranged the dining for dinner. This dinning table is the last place I will love to be now but because of ammi I have no other choice.

Everybody was already sitted on the dining waiting for me when I came down I dragged the sit beside where ammi was sitting ready to sit but Abeer came out of the kitchen running saying that it was her sit . Where do you want me to sit "there" she pointed at the sit close to Anwaar while smirking. "God forbid" I deadpan subconsciously.

"There" I semi shouted pointing at the sit. What wrong with the sit Abbie said. Nothing, I said chuckling nervously. I sat down near the idiot moron and he was looking at me with a smirking face.

"Nice meeting you again " he whispered in my ear while smirking. I wish I could wipe away that his annoying smirk with a slap. I looked sideways and I saw the other guy whose name i came to know of as Tariq looking at me. I sent a glare to him and he understood the message.

After taking like six spoons of the food I stood up muttering that I was filled ' Alhamdulilah'.

I went to the garden to have some alone time to connect and bond with myself, book and nature I opened the story by Roald Dalh and dived into fantasy world.

Looks like your having an alone, do you mind me joining you, Tariq asked.

Why in God's name is he here now

Looks like your not in the mood to talk to me I guess, Tariq said.

Obvi can't you see

Will you please go away I don't want you here right now I said exasperatedly.

Calm down miss fierce I ain't doing anything to you cool your horse down,he muttered looking impressively surprised.

"Guy" come on now what are you doing yaya Abdullah said. I hope you ain't attacking my sister because she's a no go area for you.

"Oh,I didn't know "but let see, Tariq said smirking.

Bye miss fierce.

Guys it an update after ages *sowwy guys * . I hope I am forgiven I had my reasons.

How was the chappy🤩.

This Tariq guy should commot for way ooo😂.

Like, comment and share ❣

Mardieeeee❤