•46: Enemity after friendship

➖Anwaar➖

Anwaar➖

ABUJA, NIGERIA

THREE DAYS AGO

He stood outside the airport, as he kept glancing around the crowd of people, looking to see if his sister was among them. As usual an airport is bound to be busy and scattered with people, just like it was at the moment.

He brought out his phone from the pocket of his sweatpant. He was casually dressed in a white tee and an ash sweatpant, then his eyes was covered with a Ray ban sun shades. He dialled the number twice, but it wasn't going, trying the third time, she picked up almost immediately.

Key word; almost.

"Assalam alaiki Sabeeha where're you?"

......

Hanging up the call he walked to the parking lot, as one of the luggage carriers wheeled his luggage to the car. His face broke into a wide smile, as he sighted his sister and his little one, layla. It does really feel good to be back home.

"Yaya Anwaar!"  Sabeeha exclaimed, rushing to go hug her brother. You could see the happiness radiating from her face.

"Who should I hug first?" He asked, his face breaking into a full blown smile. Sabeeha snickered, then quickly fell on Anwaar's body.

"Careful Sabeeha. " He said, giving her a side hug. "Look at you acting as if you're not a mother, with a daughter of four years old!" He said, giving layla a bear hug, after he had carried her up.

"Uncle Anwaar, good morning. " she said, holding an adorable smile, which showcased her dimples, something she inherited from her father.

"Layla it's evening not morning. " Her mother, Sabeeha corrected, collecting her from her uncle's arm.

"Oh, sorry. Good evening. " Uncle Anwaar.

"Evening, layla. " Anwaar replied. "Let get going it's getting dark ." Anwaar said, trying to collect the car key.

Talking about daughter, he still not over the issue between Khaled and his family.

"Not now Yaya." She said, scrunching up her face. She's not ready for his teasing now. "So what if I have a daughter. I am still your little sister!"

"Fine." Came his reply, raising his hand in defence. Oh, how he has missed his family!

"...and for the key, no! Cos I was asked to take you back home, not the other way round, so, do me the honour and be my passenger, today." She said, pressing the unlock button.

The drive back home was quick, and interesting for the three of them, they chatted, bickered and talked about Umar's wedding which was in three days time.