48: Marry me

➖Afreen➖

Afreen➖

ABUJA, NIGERIA

"Please. Please leave me alone."she begged, trying to cover her face, but a slap landed on her face. She let out a shrieking scream, agitated.

"Take her to him." The man ordered, removing her now dirty socks from her leg and cleaning her dirty face. Don't allow her to run, if not you know what will happen to you.

"Ok, Gk." His assistant saluted, following his boss order.

She felt as he dragged her to a room, but she couldn't see the direction. She was feeling dizzy already. She fell on the floor with a thud and she yelped in pain.

"Stand up my friend. Worthless punk." He said with disgusting.

He held her hand painfully as he opened the door, and it gave a creaking sound. He pushed her in, then locked the door. She rushed to the back of the bed that was in the room and she covered her face. She was profusely crying.

He dragged her out, making an attempt to remove her shirt. She gave him a painful blow on his balls, and he shouted in pain. "How dare you?" She said, giving him another blow.

"You... you stupid.... stupid, stupid child." He yelled, squeezing her neck, and she started choking. Almost losing her breath.

"Stoppppp." Afreen yelled, shaking vigorously, clutching onto her duvet tightly. Without thinking twice she flew her eyes open, taking a hold of her neck. She stood up in fright, taking in her surrounding.

She sighed in relief, seeing her in her room. She walked to the en-suite and washed her face. At least she will feel better.

She picked her Qur'an from her book shelf and sat on the single sofa in her room. She kept reading and reading until she felt her heart calming down.

Closing the holy book, she walked to her balcony and sat on her wicker, taking in the air that was oozing round the air.

Arrange marriage.

Never in Afreen's life have she thought of ever being in an arranged marriage. Yes, once upon a time in her life she had thought about that , because since the incident she never saw herself falling in love again.

This arrangement is a betrayal in her part. She had at least at a point thought of giving Tariq a chance-- maybe, just maybe she thought their relationship could work out, but now what did he do? He spoilt everything. He has annihilated her. Completely.

She can't bring herself to take in the fact that he was serious when he said she should marry him. Yes, she stupidly agreed that time, but who gave him the right to just go to her parent without consulting her. That was just so uncalled for, rubbish.