50: Camaraderie

Anwaar's POV➖

ABUJA, NIGERIA

Anwaar had thought after telling Afreen everything, all their problems will be solved. He thought they will be able to leave happily... ok maybe not happily, since Tariq was still in the picture, but they could find a solution at the end. But, why did everything not turn out the way he had envisioned it;

Instead everything turned out even worse, more worse than the time she had lost her memory, more worse than when he left to Turkey. Or is it that they aren't meant to be. Because, this time around it isn't just her mother that is going to lash at him, maybe her brother or worst her father.

For the past hours, he just sat in the hospital masjid, in thought. He was going bonkers. He hated himself at the moment for being so weak and vulnerable. That moment was not the time for him to be emotional, but then he is human. And humans were created with varieties of emotion.

He didn't know he was crying, until he tasted the salty liquid in his mouth, and he allowed it to fall in cascades. Until he was satisfied, before he cleaned his red eyes and briskly stood up and went out of the masjid.

At that moment, as he went out, he thought of whether he should go home, or go back into the hospital and face the reality that was waiting for him. It was something inevitable.

Anwaar walked with fear of what was going to happen inside the hospital, his heart kept beating rapidly against his chest. He was having an anxiety attack... seriously. "Where was Saiha at the moment?" He thought. Maybe, she could... remembering that she was the one that brought him into this problem. He hissed silently.

The moment he walked into the hospital, he made a beeline to the elevator,which will take him to Afreen's room. Entering into the lobby, his heart skipped a beat as he saw her family members sitting in front of the VIP room.

He felt a huge lump on his throat. Just what does he do?

Even though his heart was beating rapidly against his ribcage and he could feel his legs becoming cold, he found himself walking to Afreen's family and that felt like a déjà vu. He knew that he had to take the chance, but he couldn't help but feel a little scared. But he knew that he couldn't let fear hold him back. He had to do everything he could to help his Afeey regain her memory and reclaim her life. Reclaim their life.

Did it take him a second or minute to get to them. That he didn't know, but the reality show happening in front of him was too much, and worst of all he was involved in it.

Her.

Again.

God just kill him!

"What are you doing here?" Hajiya Maryam threw the word angrily at him, upon seeing him. Her eyes was red, all indication showing she had cried. Her daughter was in the ICU, again, because of Anwaar.

"What did I tell you about meeting my daughter? Huh!" She shouted, her voice echoing through the wall of the hallway. At this moment her patience was like the thickness of a string. "What do you think you're doing Anwaar, or whatever your name is. Do you think for me to come to your house and speak to you nicely, I was being stupid. DO YOU FREAKING THINK MY DAUGHTER'S LIFE IS A JOKE TO YOU ." She screamed, giving him a hot slap on his cheek.