53: Fray and Scathe(2)

Meanwhile, Aisha came back from the shop, and she found Afreen missing

Meanwhile, Aisha came back from the shop, and she found Afreen missing. With her heart racing, she hurriedly ran into the hospital, crying.

Ummie abruptly stood up, upon seeing Aisha enter the room in tears. "Subhanallah, what happened?" She asked.

"Afreen... I can't find Afreen." Aisha replied, falling to the ground, her body shaking.

"What do you mean by you can't find her, weren't you two together?" Ummie asked, in panic.

"Yes, I just left to get us water in a shop, but when I came back she was gone." Aisha replied, crying.

Ummie immediately picked up her phone, and dialed her husband's number. He picked at the first ring

She told him about him about the sudden issue, and he cut the call promising to come to the hospital immediately.

Alhaji Muhammad and Abdallah, rushed to Afreen's room, the moment they arrived at the hospital. They met Ummie and Aisha both bawling their eyes out, no one was comforting each other.

"Aisha don't worry, go home and rest. Okay." Abbie said, patting Aisha's head.

"No, please don't tell me to go, it's all my fault." Aisha said.

"Don't blame yourself, that was how Allah destined for it to happen. " Abdallah replied, from the door.

It was already twenty four hours, but nothing had been found, just the fact that they knew it was a kidnapped, after they had check the hospital's camera.

They case had been reported to the police offices, and the police were in search.

~*~

Gently, Tariq laid Afreen on a dusty mattress in the center of the room. She stirred slightly, her eyes fluttering open. Confusion clouded her gaze as she tried to make sense of her surroundings. Tariq took a deep breath, ready to unleash the torrent of emotions he had kept buried for so long.

"Oh, Afreen, darling. How does it feel to finally be at my mercy? To know that I have complete control over your fate." Tariq said, mockingly.

"-- just what do you want from me?" Afreen asked, in fear.

"I want you to remember, Afreen. Remember that day when we were young. You saw me on the road, and you laughed. You laughed at my pain, my fear. "

"I don't remember any such incident, Tariq. Why are you doing this?" Afreen asked, confused.

Tariq's eyes burnt with anger.

"You don't remember? ofcourse you wouldn't. But I remember every cruel word, every mocking laugh. That day, you left me in a world filled with monsters.