•45: Hitching and ditching

➖Afreen➖

ABUJA, NIGERIA

WEDDING FATIHA

The day of her best friends wedding.

The day she was having her second hitted fight with the guy she got herself into a relationship with.

The day she felt yet another deja vu which was connected to her past.

The day she promised that same guy that she was going to get married to him.

That day was and is still the eleventh of January.

Everything was happening so fast. She, Afreen Muhammad Bindawa agreed to get married. Wonderful.

She was feeling weak and deserted, but she doesn't have an option, but to get up, smile, laugh and cry happy tears cause Guys it's her best friends wedding so any other thing could come later. She isn't going to kill herself because of a damn idiot.

How could he ask her to meet him in the hotel he is staying with Rahma's husband to be, apparently they are friends. In fact it's not just about going to the hotel, but meeting him in his room. Is he normal at all? But then she has decided to put that aside, till later.

You guys must be wondering how they got into a relationship. Well...it's a long story, but this is how it went.

It was a day after she had come back from katsina for a relatives wedding with her family and her grandmother. She was sitting in the patio and reading one of her favourite book 'Burning bright, by Maryam Awaisu' it was centred about a girl who was suffering from sickle cell anemia.

She released a heavy sigh, as she felt tears cascading down her face, not because of anything, but because of the book she was reading. She had just flicked to the other page, but her heart was too heavy to continue reading.

It was too emotional. "Was this how people suffer in their life?" She asked herself, indeed you think the challenges you're facing in your life are hard, but someone's own has surpassed yours a thousand times.

Pushing those thoughts aside, she resumed to her reading and she sipped her chilled malt in between.

She felt the shrill of her phone, which was on the bamboo side table beside her. It was a text message.

The message read;

From: Tariq.

Hey, how are you? Uhm... would you have time for dinner this night?

She reread the message for the fifth time, trying to understand what the message meant.

She hesitated in replying the message. "How do I react? What am I going to say? What is the meaning of the message?" She kept asking herself all those question.