•23:Frightening past.

➖ Afreen➖

➖ Afreen➖

ABUJA,NIGERIA

"Ummie, Ummie " save me. She shouted out in anguish. Her body shaking in terror trying to free herself from the uncomfortable position she was. Tied on a chair.

The click clunky sound of his boots could be heard as he came into the room making her shaking body to coil into a ball form. She could see the human ghost coming into the room. Horrendous.

Her heart gave a thump. She shaded her eyes and gazed up at the door.

Her entire body was shaking tremendously, sweat dripping like water on her torn cloth. "You are disgusting!, how can you do this to me. I hate you.

What have I done to you? She found the courage to ask. Witty much.

"Umm... let me think.." he replied brooding then laughed in an evil way. You want me to tell you, he replied laughing.

"What do you want?" She asked again for the umpteenth time.

He groaned making her body to shudder in frisson. Keep your mouth shut you witty child. I am going to kill you if you don't keep shut...

"That's for me to know and for you to find out." He replied.

"Subhanallah" she let out a shaky breath and abruptly jerked up as if pricked with a needle. She wiped the breed Of sweat that had gathered on her forehead.

She picked up her phone and checked the time, it was just 2: 57am. She went to ensuite and performed ablution then came back to sleep. She knew that that was the end of her sleep.

Like the Span of time it was already morning, she took her bath, got dressed and drove to the hospital.

Her phone started ringing she checked the caller ID and saw the person calling, it was Anwaar. She picked up the call immediately.

"Assalamualaikum, Afreen. "

"Wa Alaikum Salam, Anwaar. How are you?"

"I'm fine, Alhamdulilah, " he responded. "How about you? " Fine.

After talking for some time she hanged up the call with an excuse.

It has been going on for like half a month now since there last call. He would call her first thing in the morning, or when she is less busy in the hospital or when she comes back home.

~*~

"Did you sterilise the equipment ?" Good. Pass me the scissors. Pass me the stitches she ordered the nurse. She did everything necessary and came out of the theatre room. She had just performed an amputation surgery with her team. Hectic.